Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #21 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfish View Post
They're great in concert. :) The new singer does well live. Sometimes I'd rather listen to her, sometimes I'd rather listen to Tarja. Depends what kind of mood I'm in. I'm not unhappy about the change, though. It was better for keeping the rest of the band together, which I like a whole lot more than I liked Tarja. Dark Passion Play wasn't a very good exhibition when compared to Imaginaerum. Anette has grown a lot, which is good. But she certainly needs more practice and training.
i can say that ive grown up with Tarja's songs which is why i do tend to favour her voice over Annette's but i have no complaints about Anette as a lead singer. i liked the deeper octave Tarja has though Anette sound a bit more mainstream. that being said, all their new songs still rock. at this point i just need to listen more to the new CDs as theres only 1-2 Anette sound tracks while Tarja was is atleast twice as many.

did Anette sing any old songs from previous albums when Tarja was lead singer? if anything that was my main worry about the new singer. i wasnt sure if they'd be willing to have Anette sing Tarja's songs given how Tarja went in her own direction. im glad that the Nightwish still is around though i have to adjust a bit to the new singer.

ironically Sabaton did something similar though it didnt make much difference that i ever noticed in their sound. they recently 1-2 new members last year or so. which meant their first concert in montreal opening and the headliner had different band members. O.O i khew a few member changed but i just looked it up and saw that 3/5 were new members.

Last edited by nel3; 06-30-2012 at 09:45 AM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #22 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
i can say that ive grown up with Tarja's songs which is why i do tend to favour her voice over Annette's but i have no complaints about Anette as a lead singer. i liked the deeper octave Tarja has though Anette sound a bit more mainstream. that being said, all their new songs still rock. at this point i just need to listen more to the new CDs as theres only 1-2 Anette sound tracks while Tarja was is atleast twice as many.

did Anette sing any old songs from previous albums when Tarja was lead singer? if anything that was my main worry about the new singer. i wasnt sure if they'd be willing to have Anette sing Tarja's songs given how Tarja went in her own direction. im glad that the Nightwish still is around though i have to adjust a bit to the new singer.

ironically Sabaton did something similar though it didnt make much difference that i ever noticed in their sound. they recently 1-2 new members last year or so. which meant their first concert in montreal opening and the headliner had different band members. O.O i khew a few member changed but i just looked it up and saw that 3/5 were new members.
Yes, she did sing some old songs. I've been to two concerts since she's been lead singer and the older songs she did were Dark Chest of Wonders, Wishmaster, I Wish I Had an Angel, and Romanticide. There may have been more, but it was 2 and 3 years ago so I don't remember, lol. It's different, because she doesn't have that opera quality (and she certainly doesn't sound as good as Tarja on the old stuff), but Marco helps it along. :P

Here's a rehearsal recording of Planet Hell (which is one of my favorite Nightwish songs): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XNeU88p8Zg

It just takes getting used to. But we have our old CDs we can listen to if we ever get the urge to hear the original.

She's really gotten into her own style on the new album. I love this song (mostly because I love the riffs, haha, but she does a good job): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqqiM_TiiIQ

She has two REALLY GOOD slow songs on the new album. Slow, Love, Slow and Turn Loose the Mermaids. Oh! Three! And The Crow the Owl and the Dove.

I like that it's still apparent it's the same band, because the background and symphonic lines are still the same style (and Marco is still there!). I can't imagine if they'd changed more members! I'd be shattered, lol.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYT9F8yV3-E better example

Last edited by kfish; 06-30-2012 at 10:34 AM. Reason: add another link :P
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #23 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfish View Post
Yes, she did sing some old songs. I've been to two concerts since she's been lead singer and the older songs she did were Dark Chest of Wonders, Wishmaster, I Wish I Had an Angel, and Romanticide. There may have been more, but it was 2 and 3 years ago so I don't remember, lol. It's different, because she doesn't have that opera quality (and she certainly doesn't sound as good as Tarja on the old stuff), but Marco helps it along. :P

Here's a rehearsal recording of Planet Hell (which is one of my favorite Nightwish songs): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XNeU88p8Zg

It just takes getting used to. But we have our old CDs we can listen to if we ever get the urge to hear the original.

She's really gotten into her own style on the new album. I love this song (mostly because I love the riffs, haha, but she does a good job): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqqiM_TiiIQ

She has two REALLY GOOD slow songs on the new album. Slow, Love, Slow and Turn Loose the Mermaids. Oh! Three! And The Crow the Owl and the Dove.

I like that it's still apparent it's the same band, because the background and symphonic lines are still the same style (and Marco is still there!). I can't imagine if they'd changed more members! I'd be shattered, lol.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYT9F8yV3-E better example
im listeneng atm to both versions of planet hell atm and its a very different sound. that does time to get used to but very good. first old song i heard from Anette. i like Tarja's voice for the harmonics and it makes them sound a bit more of a heavy band. it was her voice that got me into the band. i like alot of type of music barring modern pop artists, rap hip hop and lounge. i tend to go towards metal bands that have such sounds like Nightwish. Sabaton is much the same though its more in the melody than the voice.

listenting to I Wish I Had An Angel, i do notice some diferences aside from pitch. it may be practice or just their musical backgrounds but Tarja does sing some lines for a longer duration than Anette. Anette version is very good once i get used to it.

Planet Hell is one of my favs but I wish i Had an Angel takes the list. name any song from them and i like it to a lot though some are ranked a bit higher than others. Marco is a great singer and he gives alot to the band's reputation. Marco and Tarja were a great duo as singers. i'll get used to Anette with time. i have no adjustment issues with Anette's songs as they were never sung by Tarja. the band still retains all of the heavy beat i love, i'll still see any concert from them in montreal.

Last edited by nel3; 06-30-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #24 
kellyyoungmoney

im going to sound like such a teenie bopper for saying these, but i have no shame :)
Hanson(the band from the 90s - "Mmmbop) who have had 4 great follow up albums over the years was an awesome concert.
and i saw One Direction on wednesday and i absolutely loved it! other than the thousands of screaming girls of course :)
kellyyoungmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #25 
lilyth88

Anytime I see Avenged Sevenfold. =)
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #26 
xShainax

I want to see A7x
xShainax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:16 PM   #27 
nel3

A7x is a great band, its in the top 15 for me.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #28 
lilyth88

It's my top band, thus the reason I have their deathbat logo tattooed on me.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #29 
xShainax

I BAWLED when I heard the news that "The Rev" died.
xShainax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #30 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
I BAWLED when I heard the news that "The Rev" died.
So did I.