Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #21 
Nuts4Mutts

Yeah, I totally agree that not always is a pit bull the right dog for you. There's very few people that have virtually every dog as the 'right dog', but there's also virtually no people that have NO dog as the 'right dog'

Pit bulls stubborn? Well I've found mine is, but at least he wants to please. Shasta's the other way, he is the most docile dog you'll ever meet, he learned "circle" in less than 10min, and he can do pretty much any trick you want him to... but he doesn't want to please all the time, if there's a big open field or another animal, he would MUCH rather chase them than try to please me... =\ That's just how he is though.

Every dog, even within it's own breed-standards, is going to be different. I'm sure there are TONS of pit bulls who are total opposite of stubborn, and I'm also sure there are probably tons of Border Collies out there who ARE stubborn, lol! [haven't met a stubborn one yet, I did meet a really really dumb one though (yeah, world's smartest breed - and nobody told him, lol!)]
Nuts4Mutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #22 
teeneythebetta

Aww shes so cute :3
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #23 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts4Mutts View Post
Yeah, I totally agree that not always is a pit bull the right dog for you. There's very few people that have virtually every dog as the 'right dog', but there's also virtually no people that have NO dog as the 'right dog'

Pit bulls stubborn? Well I've found mine is, but at least he wants to please. Shasta's the other way, he is the most docile dog you'll ever meet, he learned "circle" in less than 10min, and he can do pretty much any trick you want him to... but he doesn't want to please all the time, if there's a big open field or another animal, he would MUCH rather chase them than try to please me... =\ That's just how he is though.

Every dog, even within it's own breed-standards, is going to be different. I'm sure there are TONS of pit bulls who are total opposite of stubborn, and I'm also sure there are probably tons of Border Collies out there who ARE stubborn, lol! [haven't met a stubborn one yet, I did meet a really really dumb one though (yeah, world's smartest breed - and nobody told him, lol!)]
I agree. Mine do know quite a few tricks but it was difficult to train them. Plus they are 7 & 14 yrs old so they've had lots of time haha

I taught my Cat's sit an high five.. Too cute 
<3
Old 06-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #24 
Nuts4Mutts

Woah, kitty knows a trick? 0.o hahahaha... I've had at least 2 cats at a time my entire life, (max I've had at a time was 7 [which is pretty big since all cats get spayed/neutered & so none have had kittens]) not a single one will do anything. Oh wait.... Millie will sit up for peanut butter... if that counts O.O lol!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #25 
teeneythebetta

Yeah! The only thing that sucks is they get rly unfocused, especially when I'm trying to show someone them doing the trick. For example..

Me: Patrick, come here boo!
Patrick: :3
Me: sit, patty boo.
Patrick: *thinking bubble* ooh there's a fly sitting on that table
Me: Patrick, sit boy, sit!
Patrick: *thinking bubble* ooh zeh fly es crawling!
Me: -_-

They perform better in a quiet setting where I can get their darn attention xD
Old 06-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #26 
Curlyfatbottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrlamia View Post
pit bulls arent stubborn, you should try training my BT/frenchie cross :P
Frechie n English are for look
Never found a bulldog with a high drive
Very lay back n lazy
Will with the expection of the odly n American
Curlyfatbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #27 
lorax84

Here's my pit Coco. She'll be 5 this year. She is always very eager to please and actually sits well for photos.

lorax84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #28 
starrlamia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlyfatbottom View Post
Frechie n English are for look
Never found a bulldog with a high drive
Very lay back n lazy
Will with the expection of the odly n American
you dont know the history of bulldogs do you? They were the original pit dogs as well as farm dogs etc, in fact pit bulls and american bullies are descendants of bulldogs. My BT/Frenchie cross is the epitomy of a terrior, she is extremely high drive and high energy. English bulldogs have been ruined by people and they cant do much without overheating or getting tired but frenchies are actually fairly active dogs.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #29 
Nuts4Mutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Yeah! The only thing that sucks is they get rly unfocused, especially when I'm trying to show someone them doing the trick. For example..

Me: Patrick, come here boo!
Patrick: :3
Me: sit, patty boo.
Patrick: *thinking bubble* ooh there's a fly sitting on that table
Me: Patrick, sit boy, sit!
Patrick: *thinking bubble* ooh zeh fly es crawling!
Me: -_-

They perform better in a quiet setting where I can get their darn attention xD

yesss definitely! I was trying to get Otto to "Sit Pretty" for his PB [he can do it... he just hasn't learned the signal/command for it yet... well... hasn't learned to OBEY the command I should say... (No lie, took 3 months just for him to 'lay down' without me guiding him with hands/treats)] to show it to a friend... he decided just to do the stand-on-his-hind-legs-with-front-paws-on-my-belly trick instead... UGH!
Old 07-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #30 
Nuts4Mutts

Oh my goodness, lorax84! Coco's sooooooo adorable! She looks just like Otto's Mom... only Lady was black & white.