Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #11 
DoctorPanda

I can't offer anything as far as the spot goes, but his fins look fine. The last crowntail I had had short fins like that; my guess is he probably tore them on something and they just never grew back fully.
DoctorPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #12 
BettaFish13194

That is actually what I have been thinking too, though I will probably continue with salt for a couple more days to be on the safe side. I am just really conflicted over this spot. I don't think it is normal. I guess I'll continue to wait until someone might know what it is. :(
BettaFish13194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #13 
BettaFish13194

Old 07-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #14 
BettaFish13194

Update: I posted 2 new pictures. I might be crazy, but I almost think it is getting better or starting to go away. Hopefully it is. He is still the same. Swimming, eating, etc. Instead of his pellets today I gave a little bit of my african dwarf frogs frozen/ thawed brine shrimp as a little treat and he loved it. :)
Old 07-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #15 
Maura

If by fins are "messed up looking" you mean that they're kind of curly, that could be a product of high pH (apparently high pH makes CT fins curl).

[We got a shipment of CTs at work last week and they all had curled fins, so I decided to check the water parameters that they came in, since none of our other CTs in the store have a curly problem. Sure enough, everything was normal except pH, which was 7.8.]
Maura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:18 AM   #16 
WetBetta

Is it just me or does the color of the spot appear to match the color in his fins? It might just be his coloring. Coloring does change for several reasons.
WetBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #17 
TuckerLove

He looks fine to me. The coloring part on his head could possibly be just a color change. My fish have changed colors, as well. He was pure white but now he is getting tealish.
TuckerLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #18 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
If by fins are "messed up looking" you mean that they're kind of curly, that could be a product of high pH (apparently high pH makes CT fins curl).

[We got a shipment of CTs at work last week and they all had curled fins, so I decided to check the water parameters that they came in, since none of our other CTs in the store have a curly problem. Sure enough, everything was normal except pH, which was 7.8.]
High ph doesn't make CT fins curl, hard water does.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #19 
ANHEL123

I was really thinking the same the spot on his head look like his normal coloration just like his fins unless it looked like dust sprinkled before you start the treatment.

I don't know if it my eyes but what is on his side? Looks like lighter color spot?

Also very important when you treating with aquarium salt to use right dosage. Non therapeutic dosage (like you wrote you adding some salt) will do more harm then better. So if you are using aquarium salt in non therapeutic dosage i would just stop it. Also it better to stop it since you are using medications.

I don't know i am not an expert but don't look like velvet unless the medications helped already. So we would not now i guess. I guess if you treating with medications just finish it. But i would stop salt. Velvet is like ich it external parasites and easily can be treated with aquarium salt. But there is special instructions on that. So i would stop salt and see how he doing . If you will think that after treatment he has problem you can treat him with salt. And i or people on the forum can give you instruction on the treatment. It very important the dose....

That betta is so beautiful i don't understand how people can have something like that and give it away.

Also i hope he will completely recover, then i would do 1-50% and 1-100% water changes a week for his 3 gall.
ANHEL123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #20 
ANHEL123

Also especially if you have high ph take really time and acclimate your betta. Even if you not still acclimate him so he can get used to new chemistry....
ANHEL123 is online now   Reply With Quote