Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #1 
Bladezero

injured\sick scalar saved from shop need help

Poor thing has been nipped badly to the point he has lost one of his main side fins..

I can know how to treat all its injuries but he has one thing that I have no idea how to treat since I've never dealt with it..

He has scales that grew on his eye covering it completely making him blind in one side... Is that curable? Will it kill him in time if not? is it permanent damage to the eye?

Anyway to help his eye?

Other then the eye and injuries he's fine and eating.
Bladezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #2 
Bladezero

Update after looking at him closer now, he lost both his swimming fins(one 85% one 99%) it kinda looks like advanced cloudy eye with a combo of scales..
I started treating with Methylen blue, it should help the ich he prolly got like half the store fish.. He might have other stuff that I didn't see yet but thats it for now if a picture will help I can try to take one, but he's really scared right now and looks like he wasn't able to eat for atleast a few days(more then 4-5)
Old 07-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #3 
Creat

Got any photo's with flash and without if you can? Also any water parameters? And I assume you mean pectoral fins I have had good luck feeding regular intervals of live food like black worms to help nurse them back to health.
To everyone else scalar is angelfish it took me a while to remember the other name :)

Last edited by Creat; 07-02-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:09 AM   #4 
Bladezero

I'm hand feeding him, its not my first half blind fish :P
He already ate yesterday night and today morning.. I don't have life food to offer him but I have a big variation of others so diet is not a concern here :)

I took him yesterday night from a pet store, he was in a overcrowded 15g tank with tons of other angelfish attacking him, have no idea for the parameters there but he's now in my clean water with no ammonia or other stuff :P
He is on methylen blue tho for the ich and anything else minor he might have, there was a outbreak in that store and I've seen him dart.. Plus if its only a cloudy eye cause in second look it looks kinda like very very advanced one.. it should help with that too right?

Best I could do about the photo..

Angelfish in my country is type of marine salt water fish :P
Attached Images