Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #1 
teeneythebetta

Exclamation Maracyn 2 treatment... Water changes? HELP ASAP!

I have my female betta in a 10 gal alone. Long story short she was exposed to other fish that had dropsy, popeye, etc. Although she isnt SHOWING signs, i am still treating her as she was the only one out of the 4 total fish that didn't show signs. I vinegar-ed everything in the tank and all the cleaning supplies. I added all new water, added maracyn 2 and Epsom salt. She has her heater set at 80, I did throw away the filter cartridge and I do not have the fitter running because carbon in the new cartridge could affect her medication.

I could not find anti parasite pellets.

What kind of water changes should I be doing? It says on the maracyn 2 box to add 1 packet every day for 4 more days (day number 1 I added two based on instructions) Being in a big tank alone it won't hurt ammonia level wise to do no change, but I want to ensure that's the right thing to do.

Thanks!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

IMHO, I don't think you should treat her even if she was exposed. If she shows signs then you should treat.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote