Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #11 
Irishdancer

Thanks for the advice.This is only the second day of the salt. If he doesn't improve soon I'll go to the store for a bacterial medication. I know I have some tetracycline but it's probably past it's expiration. Is there any medication that would treat both parasites and bacteria?

I'm still thinking that this seems like constipation because he hasn't passed anything in several days, but I suppose it could be parasites. I've never ha a fish with parasites before so I wouldn't know it if I saw it.

And Blue Fish- I just added the Epsom salt to his tank. I'm thinking that when I clean his tank tomorrow I'll give him the 20-minute treatment in the half-gallon bowl, but I've never done that before so I wanted to try this first.
Irishdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #12 
Irishdancer

There have been several times now that he's seemed almost totally better for a few hours and then gotten worse again. Is that normal for any illness?

He pooped a little today and it looked normal, but this is the 7th day of ES and overall there doesn't seem to be any improvement. So I've stopped the fasting and tomorrow or Thursday I'm going to the pet store to see if I can get him medication.
Irishdancer is offline   Reply With Quote