Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? no
Is your tank heated? yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? 0

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? only flakes
How often do you feed your betta fish? twice a day

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? 2 times a week
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 100%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? water conditioner, aq. salt

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? no
If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? yes
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? yes
When did you start noticing the symptoms? april 2012
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? yes, anti-fungal, salt, tetracycline, daily water change
Does your fish have any history of being ill? no
How old is your fish (approximately)? almost 3

My betta, Sr. George developed pop-eye in april this spring, I cleared it up with some tetracycline and anti-fungal. Right after the pop-eye went away he developed some sort of tumor thing on his face, until june it didn't bother him and he acted normal and happy. When June hit though the tumor began to grow, throughout the month he has grown pale, stopped eating, only floats on his side at the top corner of the tank on the side his tumor is, he is bent side ways and can only swim on his side too, is lethargic, and today I noticed that his scales are pine-coned:/ I love him and want him to get better but I am not sure if it's time to put him out of misery or if there's still hope?! He just sits there all day and doesn't move unless I jiggle the tank. I am sad:( Any suggestions?!
eackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Can you post a picture? And if he is pineconing, he has Dropsy. Here:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=73333
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #3 
eackers

pics

yep! i thought dropsy but his belly isn't swollen? I also just noticed that there seems to be white stuff coming out of part of the tumor:/
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

You should contact Oldfishlady. I have never seen a Tumor like this.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #5 
eackers

thank you for your input!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #6 
jriley

Poor little fishy! Sounds like you have been trying hard to help. I agree with the previous comment--send a message to the Oldfishlady. She'll be able to help if anyone can. Good luck!
jriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #7 
Oldfishlady

Sorry your Betta isn't well......Sadly if he is 3 years of age, along with past health problems and in his current condition....He may be aging out and not a lot we can do but make them comfy and if they seem to be struggling/suffering too much....We need to do what is right by them......

You could try Epsom salt 3tsp/gal (Not aquarium salt) and tannins to see if that would help. Use a small container with low water level so he doesn't have to struggle to swim, cover the top with plastic veggie wrap to retain heat/humidity for the labyrinth organ, place in a dim lit quiet location.

Premix the treatment water in a 1gal jug of dechlorinated water add the Epsom salt and tannin source if you have one-either IAL or dried Oak leaves....Use this water for 25% water changes every 15min for 1 hour today then 50% daily thereafter.
If you added a tannin source the water should look darker every day and this is what you want.... the darker the better for him.....

Sorry I couldn't give a more positive outlook....It sound like you have taken great care of him and it may be time to make that hard choice and euthanize.....

Good luck....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #8 
eackers

He passed away last night, hopefully peacefully. :( Thank you for all your help everyone!
Posted via Mobile Device