MyRainbowBettaFish

Exclamation White spot/hole on Pectoral Fin

Housing
What size is your tank?-----10 gallon----
What temperature is your tank?-----79 F-----
Does your tank have a filter?-----yes------
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration?---no-----
Is your tank heated?-----yes-------
What tank mates does your betta fish live with?-----none, but a soon to be Nerite snail :) ----------

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish?---Aqueon Betta Pellets------
How often do you feed your betta fish?----once a day, two-three pellets, fasted one day a week------

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change?-----every week------
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change?-----25% normally-------
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change?------Tetra water dechlorinator/conditioner---i just stopped using tetra water parameters balancer---

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?
I am using Jungle 5 in 1 test strips:
Ammonia:N/A
Nitrite:hard to read, but in safe/caution/stress zones
Nitrate:zero
pH:7.8-8.4
Hardness:hard-very hard
Alkalinity: very alkaline

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed?One single white spot/hole on one pectoral fin, no other dots
How has your betta fish's behavior changed?NOT AT ALL
When did you start noticing the symptoms? 1-2 days ago
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how?Weekly water change, added 1 tps. of AQ salt
Does your fish have any history of being ill? NO
How old is your fish (approximately)?---I don't know, got him from Petsmart(he has always been smaller than most bettas) around a little over a year ago.

The dot is very small, not as small as ich, but is white, and on the back side of the fin looks stringy and fuzzy, i thought it was fungus, but it is a VERY SMALL amount.

See if you can see it in these pictures:http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=106348

Enjoy the pictures too, BTW

Ps, i will be gone for 4 days, you think he will be ok? He is acting EXACTLY the same as he always has, great appetite and super active.
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

If there aren't any other dots and Honeycomb is acting normally, I think he's going to be fine. To me, it looks like Ich. But in your other photos, I don't see the dots... I hope he's not sick, he's a good Veiltail! :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #3 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
If there aren't any other dots and Honeycomb is acting normally, I think he's going to be fine. To me, it looks like Ich. But in your other photos, I don't see the dots... I hope he's not sick, he's a good Veiltail! :)
Thanks! Yep, i don't know if it is ich or not, because that is the ONLY hole on him, and it is WAY bigger than a grain of salt. But, i think he will be ok with some clean water :)

Thanks for your help :)
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dot, fuzzy, hole