Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #1 
Knitterly

I got the sorority up and running!

My tank FINALLY cycled. Sheesh.

So we laid the ladies all out in order of dominance and started putting them in. I made a couple of wrong guesses, but they sorted it out. As it turns out, Lolly was such a bully that we had to yank her and find her a new home with an adult friend. It's a bummer, but we knew she was a risk after she nearly ate Vacuum, 2 months ago.

So, while some of the girls are looking really ragged (especially Boomer who was really beat up by Lolly the Bully), they are all now getting along very peacefully. Remarkably, so. They're all out swimming around, not hiding. It's really neat to see!

Yes, they go from relaxed to fear-striped, but there's no more chasing or nipping. And poor Boomer..... she lost most of her newly regrown fins. Poor gal. BAD LOlly.

Knitterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #2 
Silverfang

It's unavoidable... the nipped fins.

It looks nice. How big a tank is it? Mine has been up and running for 2 weeks. It's so much fun to watch!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #3 
Manda

The tank looks awesome =]
And your girls are so adorable!
Manda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #4 
Knitterly

thanks, everyone! It's a 10 gal, and we have 6 girls in there, since we read that 5-7 was a good number for a 10 gal. My husband decorated it, and did a fine job, I think. ;o)

I'm LOVING it. Really really loving it. My females are so much more exciting to watch than our male was. He was very calm and quiet. These gals just about jump out the tank to interact with us.
Knitterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #5 
Babydoll

In the next few day I will be adding three new girls to mine .. I have four in there right now.. and they are so funny they act like dogs nearly... If I walk by the tank they chase after me... When I walkin from work.. they will start dancing for me.. and out of my four girls they don't really fight or nip and they are always on each other like rubbing or swimming together
Babydoll is offline   Reply With Quote