Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #3001 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzfish View Post
I am bidding on this male! And i just got bumped *grumble* My fishy! He is going to be the start of my Hmpk line he is near perfect for what i want maby more yellow on the head though...
That is a beautiful fish!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #3002 
ravenwinds

Mr V....don't lump in all Thai breeders like that...I had a similar experience that you and others describe from smilebetta: the four fish I got from them all died within a couple of months; my HM double tail yellow/purple mgs and my orange Dalmatian pairs are all gone; was only able to breed the Dalmatians and I have about 40 in that spawn.
But, my fish from Blimp33, farmfish66, majcha farm, and taebetta are all doing fantastic.
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #3003 
Cattitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenwinds View Post
Mr V....don't lump in all Thai breeders like that...I had a similar experience that you and others describe from smilebetta: the four fish I got from them all died within a couple of months; my HM double tail yellow/purple mgs and my orange Dalmatian pairs are all gone; was only able to breed the Dalmatians and I have about 40 in that spawn.
But, my fish from Blimp33, farmfish66, majcha farm, and taebetta are all doing fantastic.
Yuh-oh I just bought a fish from smilebetta! I hope I don't have the same experience as you did.

I suggest we should have a sticky thread for breeder/seller reviews. I have read a lot of peoples' experiences on this board (good and bad) and I think it would be helpful if we could go to a thread and search a breeder name to make sure they are legit and problem-free.
Cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #3004 
KristiS

I second this idea! Best to know what to expect when you are dealing with spending a lot of money on an import.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattitude View Post
Yuh-oh I just bought a fish from smilebetta! I hope I don't have the same experience as you did.

I suggest we should have a sticky thread for breeder/seller reviews. I have read a lot of peoples' experiences on this board (good and bad) and I think it would be helpful if we could go to a thread and search a breeder name to make sure they are legit and problem-free.
KristiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #3005 
Nymmers

I've had great luck with Smilebetta, all the fish (male and female!) I've purchased from in the past were great, healthy and lived great lives, with no illness. I have one from him right now as well, and he is healthy and active. =)
Nymmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #3006 
BeckyFish97

I have to agree with ravenwinds, not all thai breeders are "bad" I got a male and a female from Blimp33 and they are doing absolutely amazing...well apart from gandalf ripping lily to shreds when I put them in to breed and then starting tailbiting two days later...but nothing on the illness front, they were SOOOO healthy when I got them I couldn't quite believe it!

Spazzfish, if you get that guy I want female fry ok? :P
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #3007 
inareverie85

My little orange HM from Smilebettas is doing well, too. I've only had him about 2 months though.
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:58 AM   #3008 
ravenwinds

I think a sticky would be great...really nice to know ahead of time...but, again you never know. I love blimp33, and have bought perfect, gorgeous, and healthy fish from him since with no problems, but first one I purchased from him came with fins in shreds...6 mos later and with much more experience, he is a copper dragon OHM, and I didn't notice he was blind...took purchasing the sweet orange platinum dragon w/pearl eyes and comments from mrV and others who gave me awesome advice(through this thread)...anyway, the sweet orange, Luimiere, wasn't blind, sees exceptionally well...but Jasper is my first Thai bred fish and he is blind and is serious stress tailbiter...
As with smilebetta, they are wonderful people w/beautiful fish, and my orange dalmatians did breed before passing and I now have 40 beauties ranging from red Cambodian to pale orange w/darker spots to light orange bodies with darker rust colored splotches/streaks with some mint green iridescence, some even have full 180 degree caudal spread.

Every fish, seller, buyer, and circumstances are different and unique but you will get a more solid picture of breeder/seller if there was one place get more info.
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #3009 
AquaKai

My dream betta is this one:
http://m894.photobucket.com/albumvie...t=IMG_4991.jpg

I'm really tempted to buy, and this would be my first directly from Thailand.
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #3010 
betta lover1507

Am not allowed to buy fish out of the US :I
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this