Betta Fish Forum banner

Some feeding questions

561 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  twinjupiter 
#1 ·
So i love to feed all my pets a varied diet. My gouramis get peas every couple weeks, the plecos get zucchini, my dog gets raw meaty bones and the cat gets whatever she wants.:p
I was wondering, besides betta pellets and dried blood worms, what else can i add to my betta girls' diet?
Are there any live food I can feed them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :-D

#2 ·
Frozen Foods, Live Foods, Freeze-Dried, Pellets, Flakes, there are a lot of foods out there. Some examples of Live Foods are Mosquito Larvae, Brine Shrimp, Bloodworms, Daphnia, there are a lot. Frozen Foods are much safer from parasites than Live Foods. If you are feeding Live, give it a good rinse first. :)

#3 ·
Thanks! I can grow my own daphnia, but i wasn't sure if they could be fed to bettas.

#5 ·
I give Teeney frozen bloodworms 2 x a week as a treat. They are really cheap too- a nice big package at petco for only $5! She gobbles them down like nobody's business :)

#7 ·
My girls love freeze dried blood worms as well. Since adding shrimp i also notice how keen they are to stalk things, so I was hoping some live food could be added to give them some sport :-D
I am definitely going to grow some daphnia, but how does one rinse them? they are so TINY!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.