Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #21 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Igs can be really sweet in the right hands. I do get sad seeing them for sale for $30 at pet shops.
Posted via Mobile Device
id prefer not to own a iguana persoanally. they get a bit too big for my liking. im new to reptiles pets so i prefer to go with the easy ones. i have a preference for cornsnakes to ball pythons.

is it the iguanas or chameleons that die early of stress when kept as pets for most of the cases? i do know iguana can live a long time in the right conditions.

Last edited by nel3; 07-05-2012 at 07:29 AM.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #22 
Sena Hansler

I know she is not a snake...but... Iggy! lol. She is in severely bad shape - the person she was sold to fed her only lettuce and never cleaned the 40 gallon. Yup. 40 gallon. >:( She's very aggressive on her good days on her superb days she can be handled.

Quote:
is it the iguanas or chameleons that die early of stress when kept as pets for most of the cases? i do know iguana can live a long time in the right conditions.
Chameleons.
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #23 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I know she is not a snake...but... Iggy! lol. She is in severely bad shape - the person she was sold to fed her only lettuce and never cleaned the 40 gallon. Yup. 40 gallon. >:( She's very aggressive on her good days on her superb days she can be handled.

Chameleons.
thank you Sena. chameleons are so cool but not my type of lizard either. iguanas are quite amazing in the way they colour up when they get enough heat.

ive caught my gecko acting like a chamelon a few times. he was hiding in the leaves and there seems to be lighter areas on the shaded parts of his body when hidden from light.

Last edited by nel3; 07-06-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #24 
Sena Hansler

Iggys are uber dangerous There was a message on the bathroom door during Iggy's bath that read:

"WARNING! Beware of man-eating green crocodile!" She's getting better, and she's showing it in her scary attitude...

I love scaleys xD Unless they are poisonous or very dangerous. My beardie you can hug and love and hold and he doesn't care lol. Carmen the butter cornsnake is friendly, though skittish..
Old 07-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #25 
nel3

my gecko allows me to pet his back lol. half the time he's inactive but the other 50% he just wants to climb or jump. i do like venomous from a distance or even without poison sacs. its a healthy respect for them. i dont want to be near a loose crocodilian or large dragon lizards with septic bites.

i dont know if this is scripted or not but i saw an episode of world worst tenants. this one segment was a no pets allowed appt. the inspectors got in the unit to find atleast 25 10g tanks or larger with reptiles, rodents and many bird cages. the tenant even had raw meat in the bathroom sink. he had a crocodile in the tub, it was 90% the size of a standard bottom length bathtub. the croc wasnt very friendly.

it was a bit of an eye opener for me as for the tanks. i though having 2 3.4gKK, 2.5g, 5g and a spare 1gQT was alot in such a small space. 1 KK is on my dining table as theres no better place to put it.

Last edited by nel3; 07-07-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #26 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
my gecko allows me to pet his back lol. half the time he's inactive but the other 50% he just wants to climb or jump.

i dont know if this is scripted or not but i saw an episode of world worst tenants. this one segment was a no pets allowed appt. the inspectors got in the unit to find atleast 25 10g tanks or larger with reptiles, rodents and many bird cages. the tenant even had raw meat in the bathroom sink. he had a crocodile in the tub, it was 90% the size of a standard bottom length bathtub. the croc wasnt very friendly.

it was a bit of an eye opener for me as for the tanks. i though having 2 3.4gKK, 2.5g, 5g and a spare 1gQT was alot in such a small space. 1 KK is on my dining table as theres no better place to put it.

Our landlord said nothing poisnous. I said nothing poisonous.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #27 
nel3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Our landlord said nothing poisnous. I said nothing poisonous.
i dont know the limits for pets in my place. but the notary didnt mention it was like that. there are quite a few dog and cat owners here. though i do say i have ennough to care for atm. i have heard of no total gallon limit on tanks. they know nothing about my gecko. not sure if they allow snakes, much less any venomous variety. lol maybe i should get an anaconda or burmese python someday .
Old 07-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #28 
PaintingPintos

Jeepers cats, people! Some crazy stories floating around here O_________O
I love bearded dragons so much.....My cousin has one and it's full size (however big that is. It's big though.) and it's really sweet. You can pick it up and hold it and carry it around and it will just go limp like a doll xD He's a really sweet lizard but he bit my cousin once, so he's absolutely terrified of it...I mean he keeps it in a huge tank on top of his desk, but he won't care for the poor thing himself. His mom and sister care for it and all he does is give it food. All I know about them though is that they like to eat rose petals xD
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #29 
betta lover1507

we came home with a fire male ball python from the chicago reptile house. my albino is almost recovered from RI (respiratory infection), and so is are Lesser male :)
we have many snakes, i didn't knew which snake i was holding yesterday o.0" am like "which one is this??" i think it was one of our normals, because our yellowbellies look like her (all i know it was female XDD) i really need to give them a photoshoot so i could show the forum, and myself which is which XP
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #30 
Sena Hansler

Piiiictures !!!!!! :p