Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #1 
tanseattle

My First Sorority Tank

http://youtu.be/z27dMdOZmYg

Hello Betta Fishes

The above link is my first sorority tank with 8 fish. Two big bad girls start a group fight you can see there were five of them bite one another. I took the two bad girls out now them all seem to calm down.

I guess they try to fight to keep the dark corner with natural sand/clay that I experiment (1/3 tank with natural sand/clay/mud). They seem to like that corner.

Tan
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #2 
kfryman

Is the tank divided or something? If so that is an extremely small space. If not what is the stuff on the glass lol?

Looks good, could use some more plants though.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #3 
tanseattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Is the tank divided or something? If so that is an extremely small space. If not what is the stuff on the glass lol?

Looks good, could use some more plants though.
Thank you for reading and asking. I DIY divider just in case they do get alone then I just drop a piece of hard plastic and separate them. Right now it is not divided so 6 (4-month) female can go any where. But they seem to like the natural sand/clay/mud on the right side of the tank and they all fight to claim that area.

I learned lesson about making divider too. I glue with clear SI gel and let it sat for 3 days and soak in water with filter run for 3 days. When I put my female in, they got itch and fin rot. It took me 2 weeks to treat all the sick fishes. I took fish out and let the tank soak in water outside for a month and dried it hard with the sun. I test with one fish and she is happy for a week. Now hopeful they will not get sick.

Again thank you for watching.

Tan
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote