Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #11 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Take pictures of it. That is something needs to be reported. Not only is Purina bottom of the barrel in terms of food quality, but thousands of people still buy it and feed it to their cats!
Keep an eye on your cat(s) if you just switched their food without gradual introduction. My cat Ollie got really sick when we switched him from those garbage corn filled brands to something higher quality.
I'm hoping it will go smoothly, they get high quality canned foods so maybe that'll help..

I sent pics to PURINA. Do you think petco would take it back & refund my money?
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #12 
Laki

They should! I mean your bag is probably not the only one affected. The whole lot might be. The Purina company is going to want to know the lot number and upc number and possibly where you bought and when. (the upc is obvious, the lot number should be ink stamped on where ever the expiry date is)
I find wet food is important for cats too (far more nutrients than dry). My cat is soooo picky though!! lol he drinks a lot of water from his fountain.
Anyway, I hope you get refunded and perhaps get this out there! I understand this is probably not intentional but can you imagine the storage facilities for Purina?? They make a lot of products. SO I know they made a mistake, they need to correct it before someone feeds their cat some dried worms. o.o
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #13 
Aahnay

Wonder how long it was in some petco warehouse....
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #14 
Pearl2011

There is no reason to not give you your money back. If they won't they just lost a customer. If they value your service at all they should give you a refund.
Pearl2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #15 
teeneythebetta

They gave me store credit since I lost my receipt. I feel better giving them the blue buffalo now. I can already see that they eat A LOT less of BB than the junky food, since they're getting the nutrients with a little amount. :3
Old 07-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #16 
sjones

It is so common for these "moth worms" to be found in petfood and other pantry items that you can buy special moth traps in the insecticide section of hardware stores. These worms are also found in people food, and often in organic food (since it is not sprayed with poison which would kill them as the food is stored). It is actually normal, and a good thing because it indicated less poison, however it is very common so don't think it's just purina.,, I would highly recommend feeding cats and dog grain-free food, because corn is not digestable and is used as a cheap filler in petfood. It can lead to stomach problems such as vomiting and bowel issues. Grain free is the way to go.
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #17 
sjones

Check it: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1370288.html
Old 07-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #18 
sjones

On this note be sure to check your betta's food to, make sure the main ingredient is a protein, not a filler like wheat gluten, etc
Old 07-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #19 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones View Post
On this note be sure to check your betta's food to, make sure the main ingredient is a protein, not a filler like wheat gluten, etc
Thank you! The cats are now on blue buffalo and my betta has been on omega one. :)
Old 07-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #20 
Pitluvs

Nothing to add, but I wanted to say good for you!! Feeding a better food like Blue or Taste of the Wild or Orijen is the best thing you can do for your cat. I noticed such a change in mine when I started feeding Felidae. Eww on the moths though!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote