Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #1 
AquaKai

Betta Help- Wild Kind

Hello! So I've been doing lots of research on different types of bettas for the past few months and I've decided that I want to try some. My water is really soft around where I live and I can always get RO water. I can order IALs for my tank. The only thing is I'm not sure which type to get. I have 2 tanks open for some bettas, a 10g and a 5.5g. The thing is I don't know which type to start with. I am up for anything!

So my questions to you all:
-what type should I get?
-which tank should I use?
-any special care for them beyond what I read (experience is the best knowledge)?

Thanks!
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #2 
TwilightNite

If you purchase a laser (a non dangerous type) and you shine it into the tank (being careful to avoid the eyes) sometimes Betta's will chase it. They are very sensitive to light and love different color patterns! If you get another Betta, a tank I would recommend is the 2g aquaveiw 360. It has an air-stone filter and has LED lights in the bottom that go off in different color patterns my little boy LOVES it!
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #3 
a123andpoof

Thats cool I know there are only a few people on the forums with wild types. I would personally try and find betta raja. Do you plan on getting a pair? If so I would use the 10 gallon. This is just from my very limited reading.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #4 
AquaKai

Quote:
Originally Posted by a123andpoof View Post
Thats cool I know there are only a few people on the forums with wild types. I would personally try and find betta raja. Do you plan on getting a pair? If so I would use the 10 gallon. This is just from my very limited reading.
I know, there are only a few people, to be honest it's a little sad and a tad daunting to be trying something like this.

I really like the betta raja, it's very pretty. I almost had my hands on a betta coccina trio, but I was going on vacation the next week!!!

I've also been looking at betta simplex or betta channoides. Does anyone have any info on them. I mean I've read a bunch, but that never seems to be enough!

I think that I will use the 10g for the bettas, good thought
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote