Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #1 
PaintingPintos

How many Ghost Shrimp?

I have my Omelette in a 3 gallon tank with 5 fake plants. They have surprisingly lots of hiding places. There is also a Morimo Moss Ball in there and a mug turned sideways that my fish loves to hide in.
I have a heater and an air pump that I use every day. Recently Omelette ate the 2nd ghost shrimp (RIP Misty) and now his tailbiting has escalated so his tail has fresh nips every day.
Now the remaining shrimp Ash is an excellent hider....if I had more shrimp I know we'd have less tailbiting and boredom (When I had 3 shrimp Om stopped biting completely). I would just like to know how many shrimp I can comfortably fit into the tank.
ALSO should I get Java Moss for the shrimp to poke around in or is it not necessary?
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Yes, more plants the better. :) Sorry they died. Probably 4-6. I had Ghosties before. I had 4 in my tank. Died by being eaten by Lebron... :( Oh, well. P.S. is the 3rd Shrimp named Brock? It's just that Ash and Misty are from...
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #3 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Yes, more plants the better. :) Sorry they died. Probably 4-6. I had Ghosties before. I had 4 in my tank. Died by being eaten by Lebron... :( Oh, well. P.S. is the 3rd Shrimp named Brock? It's just that Ash and Misty are from...

Yup....Today I just switched out all of the plants and put in bigger, more covering ones. They're really pretty and Ash loves toodling around in them
Yes the 3rd shrimp is named Brock....I brought him to my school science fair because I made an EcoSphere and used Brock as the test subject, and I ended up giving him to my friend! He's still alive though....nice and safe in a 1/2 gallon jar with plenty of live plants, pretty pebbles, and a loving owner (who also keeps her bedroom door SHUT so her 3 cats don't get in).
Yes many Pokemon references in my house, too.
And today while I was doing a water change I was thinking about themes for the tank....so when I switched out the plants I made the theme "The Natural" like in the Pokemon games when you do beauty contests and you have to go with the theme ;D
And if I get more shrimp they WILL be named after Pokemon characters. I used to have a Nerite snail named Nurse Joy who lived with Brock (true love) in the EcoSphere.....
Old 07-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

Haha... Nurse Joy. What about Officer Jenny? :D I <3 Pokemon!!!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #5 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Haha... Nurse Joy. What about Officer Jenny? :D I <3 Pokemon!!!
Maybe I'll just get all females so I can still differentiate between them and Ash!!! But I don't know if there are enough females on Pokemon to name all those shrimp after!
I definitely want a "Professor Oak" though. And a "Professor Rowan"
and maybe some others.....