Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #1 
BettaFishLuver

Question Two 10 gallons

Ok first 10 gallon is my friend she has 4 dalmation mollies but she wants to ad more fish. It has a filter and a heater I'm not sure the temperature range... She wants me to get her 4 tux guppies, 2 rasboras, and 3 glofish along with her 4 mollies. Her tank is lightly planted with fake plants and a couple caves. Are these fish compatible? Would this be a good or bad idea?

Second tank! I have a empty heated and filtered 10 gallon and I was wondering if I could add 3 platies, 6 rasboras, and 2 silver mollies.

Tell me what you think about both tanks, thanks!!
BettaFishLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #2 
Shirleythebetta

Four mollies seems a little crowded already to me. A molly has the capability of reaching as big as 7 inches but usually get 4-5 inches. I don't think I would put anything else in there or I would rehome the molly's. Also molly's can get agressive in limited spaces like that with other fish.

Same with the second tank I think that would be too much in my opinion but I am no expert on some of the fish you have picked. Also a molly does better with at least 3-4 with I think it's a 2 female for every male ratio but It could be three females. I would do some more internet research before you guys continue with stocking.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #3 
Shirleythebetta

Also, molly's should have brackish water to thrive the best and I don't believe any of the other species you have listed can thrive or even live with Aquarium salt.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #4 
Sowman

I'd recommend only adding 2 or 3 fish at a time, wait about a week or so and slowly add a few more.
Sowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #5 
AquaKai

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaFishLuver View Post
Ok first 10 gallon is my friend she has 4 dalmation mollies but she wants to ad more fish. It has a filter and a heater I'm not sure the temperature range... She wants me to get her 4 tux guppies, 2 rasboras, and 3 glofish along with her 4 mollies. Her tank is lightly planted with fake plants and a couple caves. Are these fish compatible? Would this be a good or bad idea?

Second tank! I have a empty heated and filtered 10 gallon and I was wondering if I could add 3 platies, 6 rasboras, and 2 silver mollies.

Tell me what you think about both tanks, thanks!!

I would have to agree with with the fact that mollies get too big. IMO 4 mollies are WAY too much for the 10, I think that a 29g with extra filtering would be min. Most rasboras are too big for the 10 and need 6+, same with the glo-fish.

The second tank, don't get mollies for the above said reasons. 3 platies are a bit much too. Get 1-2 of one gender and then do 6 of the smaller rasboras such as the harlequin or espei rasboras.
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #6 
Shirleythebetta

I need to look up these rasboras. I noticed they are popular and I am getting a 40 gallon this week.