Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #51 
Aahnay

Hahaha....

There was a show once, or perhaps i made it up... the psychic told the woman she would get a run in her sock, and as the woman left the tall seattle building, and walked across the street to her car, she felt her stocking rip.

She stopped and thought omg its real, and was killed when a car struck her.

You dont always get the whole.

Last edited by Aahnay; 07-09-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #52 
Sincerely

Yes I most definitely believe in spirits and ghosts, I do not really see them in reality. But in my dreams...that is a entirely different story.

I can remember almost every dream I have each night. Some of them are very confusing and twist and turn into incoherent scenes and thoughts. But some are very long, and I play an active role in the dream, it is not like watching a play but I am part of it. I remember one where I was a young woman with a small child and we were running through a rural area where there were rice paddies and dirt roads, being chased by men with guns in motorcycles and tucks. I could smell and feel the squelching wet muck as we hid in a ditch covering ourselves with the mud to prevent us from being seen. The vibrations of bombs going off and cloudy air from smoke, I believe we were in a war. I have never been so scared before about being found in real life but I was scared in this dream. My dream ended when I had decided to take the chance to run further into the rice paddies with the child and hearing a loud 'pop' behind me. I believe this is perhaps the memories of people in the past, but I do not like to dream these memories. Almost always they are bad.

I now sleep with my phone on my chest, it seems to help keep me anchored to my own dreams and not those of others.

I also believe in fate if you want to call it that, or a path. My friend and I used tarot cards and I received the same card for my central reading (The Chariot) eight times in a row. We thought maybe we were shuffling the cards wrong or something (We were goofing around) so we tried different types of reading through these eight times, every time The Chariot landed as the central card. To really confirm it I got two extra readings from professional tarot card readers and it was the same, The Chariot. We calculated the odds, its in the tens of millions. You cannot tell me that is just "chance."

Now that I have been mulling about this the entire day I have a feeling I am going to get a "visit" tonight in my dreams.

-Sincerely
Sincerely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #53 
betta lover1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfish View Post
Okay, wasn't sure about what it was to be psychic, but it sounds right now that I think about it. No wonder I could hear monks singing in the old ruined abbey I visited while on vacation in Ireland. It was beautiful . . . but so terribly creepy. I could almost see them passing by as I walked through, suddenly alone. If I stood long enough and listened, they were chanting. This was a ruin that had been destroyed for several hundred years, and it was way in the countryside. There was no one else there except for my parents. And a horny dog who humped my mum's leg . . . lol :P
the last sentence made my day

am not psychic or anything that deals with the paranormal, am only considered a "victim" and thats what i could only be
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #54 
fleetfish

I've seen an apparition only once, but he keeps coming back.

The first time I saw him, I could feel something watching me when I came into the building - it's an old jail turned into a theatre/hostel/art gallery - like hundreds of people just staring down at me. It was so unsettling, because this particular part of the building held female prisoners. I felt like I was being judged and sized up. O_o

The feeling dissipated when I went upstairs to get my ticket for a play and I was standing in line when I felt someone was looking at me. The hall is T shaped, and there are benches where the halls intersect. Sitting on the bench was a man in a brown suit, a wide brim hat, a dark wooden cane, and brown shoes. He had whitish hair and a handlebar moustache - picture someone from around the turn of the century or a little later, but no later than the 20's - and little glasses on his nose. I couldn't see him clearly, but he was THERE.

He nodded, tipped his hat and smiled. Then he stood up and walked to his left, up the hallway, and disappeared. I immediately went to see where the hall led to - up a little flight of stairs, then a small dusty window. Unsurprisingly there was no one around.

Every time I walk by that old prison I think of that poor old ghost . . . the one who smiled. The jail is one of the most haunted places in Canada . . . so many people died by hanging and murder.

I think about him a lot, and say hello whenever I go by the old jail. If a ghost can smile in such a horrific place, maybe one day I'll go and find him again and talk to him and ask him why he's sticking around, and why of all people, he chose to contact me.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #55 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfish View Post
I've seen an apparition only once, but he keeps coming back.

The first time I saw him, I could feel something watching me when I came into the building - it's an old jail turned into a theatre/hostel/art gallery - like hundreds of people just staring down at me. It was so unsettling, because this particular part of the building held female prisoners. I felt like I was being judged and sized up. O_o

The feeling dissipated when I went upstairs to get my ticket for a play and I was standing in line when I felt someone was looking at me. The hall is T shaped, and there are benches where the halls intersect. Sitting on the bench was a man in a brown suit, a wide brim hat, a dark wooden cane, and brown shoes. He had whitish hair and a handlebar moustache - picture someone from around the turn of the century or a little later, but no later than the 20's - and little glasses on his nose. I couldn't see him clearly, but he was THERE.

He nodded, tipped his hat and smiled. Then he stood up and walked to his left, up the hallway, and disappeared. I immediately went to see where the hall led to - up a little flight of stairs, then a small dusty window. Unsurprisingly there was no one around.

Every time I walk by that old prison I think of that poor old ghost . . . the one who smiled. The jail is one of the most haunted places in Canada . . . so many people died by hanging and murder.

I think about him a lot, and say hello whenever I go by the old jail. If a ghost can smile in such a horrific place, maybe one day I'll go and find him again and talk to him and ask him why he's sticking around, and why of all people, he chose to contact me.
I hate going to "haunted" places because I feel the bad energies there....And when I get afraid of standing near gallows or something my mom is like "Oh, your imagination is scaring you! Calm down and grow up!".....
But I don't know if that ghost of yours even knows that he's dead. Many have no idea that they've died. Maybe he died before the place was a prison, and he is totally and blissfully unaware of the changes. Sometimes spirits that died at a certain time still perceive the place as the same as when they were alive.
I'm just happy that that ghost was happy enough to smile at you....He KNEW you could see him. You'd better be thankful for that. Some spirits that know you can see them will deliberately try to frighten or torment you. I've never had that happen to me, but if it does I can promise you that it will traumatize me to some extent. Spirits are just scary things to me.

Also it's very sweet of you to say hello every time you pass by. When I sense spirits in my room, I gently suggest that they leave, as I want some alone time and they can come back if I invite them. I also ask them not to push or shove or be rude to each other
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #56 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
the last sentence made my day

am not psychic or anything that deals with the paranormal, am only considered a "victim" and thats what i could only be
^Haha ditto!

And you are psychic. Everyone is psychic to an extent. Everybody has the ability to become full-fledged psychic. You can. I can. My mother can. You just have to try. Everyone is naturally psychic, but they lose their abilities as they start doubting them or they think they're too mature to believe in ghosts.
That's how all small children will cry and still resent people who seem ok but have a bad aura.....yes, children can naturally see auras. They're extremely easy to see.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #57 
Aus

Regarding Ouija Boards, Tarot cards, etc:

One of the very first things I used to do in my development classes was put on a very somber 'spiritual' face indeed and announce that we were now going to learn the most important thing about Tarot cards.

I'd then take out a deck from a box all wrapped in silk, remove a card and hold it up, still very somber and serious, and all the students would be waiting for this vast wisdom to be bestowed.

Then I'd tear the card into a dozen pieces. "They are pieces of paper."

Because that is what they are. The point being to illustrate that any 'tools' like pendulums, cards, ouija boards, have no inherent 'power' in themselves, only what we choose to give them.

A few of the students would look at me, utterly horrified, like I'd be struck by lightning for destroying the card. And I'd say, "In the event that I'm imminently hit by lightning for doing that, you will all get your class fees back."
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #58 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
Regarding Ouija Boards, Tarot cards, etc:

One of the very first things I used to do in my development classes was put on a very somber 'spiritual' face indeed and announce that we were now going to learn the most important thing about Tarot cards.

I'd then take out a deck from a box all wrapped in silk, remove a card and hold it up, still very somber and serious, and all the students would be waiting for this vast wisdom to be bestowed.

Then I'd tear the card into a dozen pieces. "They are pieces of paper."

Because that is what they are. The point being to illustrate that any 'tools' like pendulums, cards, ouija boards, have no inherent 'power' in themselves, only what we choose to give them.

A few of the students would look at me, utterly horrified, like I'd be struck by lightning for destroying the card. And I'd say, "In the event that I'm imminently hit by lightning for doing that, you will all get your class fees back."
You are very right. I mean, Ouija boards are harmless themselves, but when you open a portal to let anything in, it becomes exactly what you said....a tool. But most people mess around with it and do bad things with it.

And I do believe that what you did with the Tarot cards was hilarious xD
I actually laughed when I read that!
Too true! These things are mere tools!
Old 07-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #59 
Lost Eventide

I definitely believe in ghosts. We actually think my step-dad's mom still hangs around the house seeing every once in a while some weird stuff will start happening. Things end up in really weird places, we hear weird noises, stuff like that.

There was actually one night when I was up really late talking seeing someone decided to call me (at one in the morning xD), and after I was done I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I went back to my room one of my necklaces -- a rhinestone heart -- was laid out all nice on top of my covers.

Mom and step-dad had been in bed for hours, and I hadn't worn that necklace in ages. Last I knew it was shut inside my jewelry box.

Needless to say, I ended up putting the necklace on and kept it on for the next day. Wasn't sure what it meant but I figured it probably meant something xDDD

I'm extremely paranoid around Ouija boards though. I've never used one myself, but I've heard enough horror stories to not risk it. I'm also really paranoid around graveyards. I will not go near one at night, and I'm hesitant to go during the day without some company.

A friend of mine was convinced there was something evil in her house though. A group of us was over one night to sleepover and we heard heavy footsteps all night, and she would sometimes come to school with weird cuts all over that she would claim just appeared during the night. Her parents were even getting the house blessed once a month last I heard. At one point a couple of them were trying to curse a teacher they weren't fond of (something I stayed far away from simply out of paranoia) and she was convinced stuff started getting worse after they did that.

Those are my main two stories though. We occasionally get "orbs" in photos we take and such, but that's really it. There was one really crazy picture my step-dad took that featured a white, wispy trail that seemed to follow a large orb and wrap around his one cousin like a snake. It was really weird.
Lost Eventide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #60 
betta lover1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingPintos View Post
^Haha ditto!

And you are psychic. Everyone is psychic to an extent. Everybody has the ability to become full-fledged psychic. You can. I can. My mother can. You just have to try. Everyone is naturally psychic, but they lose their abilities as they start doubting them or they think they're too mature to believe in ghosts.
That's how all small children will cry and still resent people who seem ok but have a bad aura.....yes, children can naturally see auras. They're extremely easy to see.
What is an Aura?
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote