Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #51 
Sena Hansler

Yes, that's why. They DID say yes to us, except our roomie. Met our roomie and I guess they thought we also would haphazardly bring in animals and need a freaking 2000 sq ft place >:(

So, our reputation with them went from great to cruddy because of his stupid animal collection. Did you know he also got an Iguana, the kind that kind bite off your face, and he has NO health care? Next time he won't have gotten bitten lightly, he'll have a HUGE chunk resulting in over 10 stitches, which since he is from USA not Canada, he doesn't have the insurance to cover it. (Not to mention the fact the poor rescue iguana NEEDS an epsom bath every day... along with handling)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #52 
Sena Hansler

The incident

dang nabbit!!!

Take a look at the picture, what do you see?

A CUT halter. You know why? Here's what happened:

I put him outside because he tried to pee on the carpet. I left him outside - now, he has a kiddy pool (half drained from him playing xD), a 15 meter long leash attached to the metal piece that you screw into the ground.

Well, I was talking to my roomie then I heard my dog screaming, yelping, etc... I ran outside because I knew it WAS NOT a sound of "boo hoo I want attention" but an actual "somebody help me!!" or "I'm hurt!!" I found him by the metal piece, the leash wrapped around it (usually it doesn't do that) and the HALTER wrapped around it three times, with his throat being jabbed with the metal!

I could not get it off of him, even unbuckling it!!! It was extremely tight around the neck area, though he could breath (because I held up his head to a point it was jabbing into his neck, but instead my hand). I had to get my roomie to put his Iguana down to come and cut the dog loose.

How'd he do that? I have no idea, it has NEVER happened before. Luckily the relative who'll look after him when we move has a fenced yard........
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #53 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah that's one of the reasons I am afraid to leave a dog tied out especially a puppy.

Our klutz of a male once got tangled up in a cricket ball hanging from some rope when he was a puppy. Don't know how it happened but one minute he was playing around next minute he was hanging off the ground screaming. It's very scary, particularly because dogs usually make noises like they are dying.

Hope he is alright.

Ours also have a kiddie wading pool they play in during the summer. Shepherds seem to love splashing around in them.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #54 
Sena Hansler

Yeah he is alright. It's just never happened before, with ANY dog I've dealt with :/ And you are right about the noise - it DOES sound like they are dying... Once I heard it I bolted outside because I knew something was wrong - luckily it's different than the "boo hoo I want attention" sound I had the leash on his collar, and the halter on him because training is so much easier. :/

I think I'll tie him to the building away from anything he can get tangled on.....
Old 07-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #55 
dramaqueen
Banned

Years ago a cousin of mine had a german shepard and they lived in a trailer park. They had the dog tied up in the yard and they had their area partially fenced. Well, the dog tried to jump the fence and ended up hanging herself. That dog was mean. No matter what I did it would growl at me.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #56 
Shirleythebetta

Hubby had a similar death when he was a kid. It was more about mother nature though. His brothers dog had a lead with the metal in the middle of it surrounded by plastic. They had it attatched to a fence post and he had a dog house out there. Well, a thunderstorm came and they didn't bring him in and lightning struck the pole. I will stop there.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:31 AM   #57 
Sena Hansler

Yeah I prefer a very tall fence VS tying up, or tying and fenced.