Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #21 
Laki

lol yea I didn't need to know about the moths in a lot of food! I'll bet Bulk Barn has them then? o.o
The op is feeding a grain free food, but thanks for your comments! ^.^ I like hearing about people who made the change for their pet's health. Someone please go tell my mom to switch her cat's food T-T I'm obviously too lauty-daw!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #22 
teeneythebetta

Wow! My cat's coats are SOOO much softer now, I think it's from the food. :D
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #23 
Laki

It is. I guarantee it. :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #24 
TheCrabbyTabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl2011 View Post
Did you e-mail Purina? I love moths (and bugs in general), but in your cats food, not so much.
We feed our cat Whiskas. So far, so good
Whiskas has corn listed in its top 3 ingredients. Corn has no business being in a cat food it can't be digested by a cat (like previously stated). I would switch over to Blue Buffalo or Blue Wilderness for cats.

I feed Blue Wilderness for dogs to my own dogs. I also foster dogs so having a grain free diet is a must.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #25 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
Whiskas has corn listed in its top 3 ingredients. Corn has no business being in a cat food it can't be digested by a cat (like previously stated). I would switch over to Blue Buffalo or Blue Wilderness for cats.

I feed Blue Wilderness for dogs to my own dogs. I also foster dogs so having a grain free diet is a must.
Awesome! I love that you foster :D
Were going to get my younger dog blue wilderness because he has a grain allergy. We've spent months trying to figure out what was wrong with him (severe foot licking & a bit of swelling) and our vet just said it was "allergies" he told us to get benadryl, he never mentioned anything about the food he eats. It didn't work. So I went on yahoo answers and every person said they think it's a grain allergy. In a way, I'm glad he's allergic; now he will be free of licking and he will have a much better diet. He will not have to eat the pedigree my parents have been buying.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #26 
TheCrabbyTabby

Pedigree? Yeesh!

Vets are usually knowledgeable about animal health and care, but not usually an animal nutritionist. They simply suggest medical treatments when a change in diet can fix a lot of problems.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote