Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #11 
Enkil

Dollat Tree. You can get some nice size containers from them in the food storage section. Good prices.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #12 
jeffegg2

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
I have a question, how many jars do you need for the Males and aggressive Females? I heard that a small spawn has 100 Fry? O.O So how many do I need? And where can I get so many Jars for a cheap price? You know, like $1 for 3?
The jars are easy, Question is how many do you want to keep/sell? What are your plans for the brood? If your only interest is creating a line, and don't want to sell, then you will only need a few jars. If you are planning to sell, then perhaps just the best ones? You want to sell every single fish? Some will not sell, then what will you do with them? If you try to sell all your runts as your bred fish, then everyone will say your fish are not nice so will not buy next time? Do you have a LPS that you can make a deal for trade for perhaps fish food?

All this comes into play as to how many jars you will need. My plan is to only jar the best of the brood, and the rest get recycled. It helps to have planned this in advance.
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #13 
LebronTheBetta

I wanted to sell the best ones and keep a few. The ones that would not sell, my friends would probably get them. They know responsibility and they understand. They would gladly take them. I know a lot of people who care a lot about animals and has experience. I have a local tropical fish store, Petsmart, and Petco. I'm still planning ahead and see if I can keep up with everything needed for spawns. My plan is to keep 2-4 good Bettas, and sell all the other good ones. Your spawn on your Avatar is very pretty. Did you sell them yet?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #14 
jeffegg2

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
I wanted to sell the best ones and keep a few. The ones that would not sell, my friends would probably get them. They know responsibility and they understand. They would gladly take them. I know a lot of people who care a lot about animals and has experience. I have a local tropical fish store, Petsmart, and Petco. I'm still planning ahead and see if I can keep up with everything needed for spawns. My plan is to keep 2-4 good Bettas, and sell all the other good ones. Your spawn on your Avatar is very pretty. Did you sell them yet?
My first male is on aquabid right now.
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #15 
LebronTheBetta

I've been looking at Aquabid. Can you give me a link? I'm no buying, but I want to see a high-quality, ready to breed, fish. Not actually breeding ready but good for breeding.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote