Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2012, 11:18 PM   #11 
BubbiBubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
Honestly, I've never had an issue feeding peas occasionally for constipation, and they always seem to work well. I don't see any reason why they'd be harmful when fed in moderation...to a carnivore they're basically just indigestible fiber.
That's what I was thinking! I completely agree with you... glad someone seems to follow the same regimen.
BubbiBubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #12 
Sakura8

BubbiBubba, commenters will know you have responded if they have checked "subscribe to the thread" in their User CP. To do this, or to check which threads you are subscribed to, go up to User CP and click on it. On the lefthand side you will see a list of things to do. Under Settings and Options, click on Edit Options. On the next page, under Messaging and Notification, there will be an option to modify your subscription notifications.

You can also manually manage which threads you are subscribed to by going to User CP. In the middle of the page will be a list of the most recent threads you have subscribed to. From there, you can unsubscribe if you want.

I believe everyone's default notification is set to Instant E-Mail notification. This means you'll get a notication that someone has replied to any thread you have started or any thread you have posted in. Also, you will get notifications for tropicalfishkeeping, which is the bettafish.com mother site. Your password and user name are good for logging into that site as well.

As for the fiber thing . . . OFL can correct me if I'm wrong, as she knows much more about this kind of thing than I do, but I believe it's the type of fiber. The fiber that is in pellets is an indigestible kind based mainly on wheat germ. The fiber in daphnia and brine shrimp is a different kind of fiber that bettas can digest.

I, personally, don't soak my pellets beforehand. With 19 bettas to feed, that would take me a while. -__- So far, I haven't experienced any trouble.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #13 
BubbiBubba

Sakura8, you. Are. Amazing! :'D Happy to of asked you.

With Gratitude,
Moi!
BubbiBubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #14 
Oldfishlady

By soaking food it can leach some of the nutrients and water soluble vitamin....

Pellets will swell up in water, however, they do NOT swell up like that in the gastric acid and enzymes in the gut/GI tract....

Soaking is not needed....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #15 
Goldibug

Thanks for that OFL! I've always heard soaking was important but was to lazy to bother with it. Good to know it's better not to
Goldibug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #16 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbiBubba View Post
Sakura8, you. Are. Amazing! :'D Happy to of asked you.

With Gratitude,
Moi!
Thank you!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, betta fish, betta fish food, damage, peas