Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2012, 06:02 AM   #1 
magnum

Dividers?

Hey guys, I recently bought a new tank which is divided into three parts. It has glass dividers and I just wanted to know how to cover them? Stu and Ace are fine with seeing one another, and Stu will occasionally flare up, but Spike persists a bit more frequently. Iv'e seen some people use like a mesh netting, but how much does it cost and is there any other ideas?
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #2 
Sena Hansler

I use coroplast. CLEANED very well, rinsed with cold water, and cut to fit. It's sturdy, thick, and not see-through. There's CRAFT MESH which the squares are very small and fine, and the bettas still do see each other.

You could also try getting craft mesh, and moss to grow onto it?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #3 
thekoimaiden

I would just stuff the dividers with plants (live or fake). If they are live, make sure they grow up to the surface. If the dividers are solid glass, how will the water move in between them?
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #4 
magnum

@ Sena Hansler: Good idea with the craft mesh and moss! I think I'll try that (:

@ thekoimaiden: the dividers are glass but it has a gap/gaps at the bottom to allow waterflow between.
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote