went to Petco an hour ago and bought my first live plant, a MARIMO MOSS BALL named Mr. Puffles!
I have a couple of questions:
1) can it transfer disease to my betta
2) How much light does it require? I only use natural sunlight from a nearby window...
3) Does it actually benefit an aquarium? (i bought it mostly for looks)
4) Every water change, can i swish it in old aquarium water and squeeze it out?
5) Am i supposed to acclimate it? How?
Mr. Puffles/Fluffina seems to have picked up quite a lot fish waste and uneaten food. Before i add him, should i just do a partial water change, then wring the moss ball out in the dirty water and plop it in the tank?
THE MOSS BALL WAS IN A TANK WITH OTHER FISH, ALL LOOKED HEALTHY< BUT I COULDN'T SEE IF ANY FISH HAD DIED IN THAT TANK> I COULDN'T GET THE NERITE SNAIL :( BECAUSE THEY DIDNT HAVE THEM IN STOCK> I WILL SPECIAL ORDER ONE FROM PETCO THOUGH>
Thanks for all the answers, speedy answers are helpful!