Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #41 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hmm.. Not totally sure... Well pigs and goats are herbivores, I think survival is pretty much covered for them. Cats can become feral, but they only survive in our cities from garbage, with the rare exception.
Animals are all different- for example it will take a dog pack several generations to revert to pariah state. It's quite fascinating, a pack of any group of dogs, will pretty quickly revert to a medium sized, light brown animal.

Shaina I wouldn't do it. By that age the meat is really nasty. We had old hen, she was about 3 years, I couldn't even chew the meat. Chickens usually slaughter at 2-3 months. The pigs we buy are usually only a few months old as well.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #42 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
I'm pretty much decided that I want to devote my life to these animals by being an exotics vet, I'm enamored with birds in particular.
OK, that explains everything! Most vets are a little and that's not an insult, I love vets but
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #43 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Lol, working with them, yes they are. Though honestly I find the techs are little more nutty.
I work with 2 vets though- one is all cheery, does his surgeries fast (but very well mind you). The other is slower and takes her time, she actually sits down to do surgery. She also does holistics, herbal medicine, acupuncture, and chiropractic stuff for animals. They're both so different but I couldn't tell you which one was better. o-o
Old 07-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #44 
registereduser

Quote:
Hmm.. Not totally sure... Well pigs and goats are herbivores,
Pigs are omnivores
Old 07-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #45 
registereduser

Quote:
Lol, working with them, yes they are. Though honestly I find the techs are little more nutty.
I work with 2 vets though- one is all cheery, does his surgeries fast (but very well mind you). The other is slower and takes her time, she actually sits down to do surgery. She also does holistics, herbal medicine, acupuncture, and chiropractic stuff for animals. They're both so different but I couldn't tell you which one was better. o-o
Techs are like hospital nurses, they think they know more than the doctors
Old 07-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #46 
TheCrabbyTabby

I don't like birds. I saw the Hitchcock movie and now they freak me out.

Okay seriously though, parrots freak me the heck out. Those huge powerful beaks are just intimidating.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #47 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
I don't like birds. I saw the Hitchcock movie and now they freak me out.

Okay seriously though, parrots freak me the heck out. Those huge powerful beaks are just intimidating.
Cockatoos are noisy, annoying, dirty and can hurt you.

They can also be the sweetest, funniest, loveiest things but only about 10% of the time

Large birds belong in the wild.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #48 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Honestly I blame the craziness on the number of animals you gotta put down for no reason other than money. It's the start of the second week and we've already euthanized a dog and bird that could have been saved. :/

Big parrots scare me, but that's why I want to learn more about them. Toucans are probably the best large bird, extremely lovable of everyone, not just one person like most parrots. Plus, they can't even break the skin with those huge beaks. Among other things.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #49 
Pewmew

I used to really want one, until I start researching more. Seems like they are pretty loud and can be too high energetic. I probably won't be able to provide a big enough space for them to be happy :\ I'll just stay with my adorable eskimo dog & enjoy pic of fennec fox on internet :)
Pewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #50 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Good on ya for that choice.
They do look like they'd be pretty hyper. And definitely not child safe.