Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #11 
Stroodlez1

I just wanted to write a quick update - I don't think the fish is going to make it. Throughout the day, he has looked increasingly worse. As of this morning, he was floating vertically....now, he is laying on his side on the bottom of the tank. His respiration is very labored. His color is now a yellow/grey....he is supposed to be more of a reddish color. Thank you for all of the information and support. I don't have it in me to decide to euthanize him, but I can't help but feel like it might be the most humane option.
Stroodlez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #12 
lelei

Oh no..I am soo sorry to hear that.. I don't know how to euthanize a fish..check with OFL for that info, or if there is anything else that can be done~but you're right, that may be the only option..:(
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #13 
Stroodlez1

Thanks again for the support...and to everyone here for the plethera of information. The fish passed away this evening prior to my boyfriend getting home from.work. In a way, I am relieved as anyone (even a non-fish person like myself) could see that he was miserable. With this being my first Betta experience, I do feel like I learned a lot...although probably at his expense. However, now that I have all of the supplies, I do feel like I will buy a new one, although it will be a few weeks as I will be moving in 4 weeks and would prefer to wait until afterwards. Plus that will give me time to sterilize everything.

Despite my boyfriend probably thinking I am somewhat looney, he still assisted me in taking the Betta to the empty lot across the street and burying him. I am pretty sure he knows by now that I am a bleeding heart/animal lover. I know you all understand though ;)
Stroodlez1 is offline   Reply With Quote