Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #1 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Back! ... Wow my tanks are empty....

I'm gonna keep this SAS, not make it so TL;DR. Now then:

Back from BMT and Tech School.... USAF is treating me well. I love my job.

I had a ton of fish before I left. Still do, but a bad bug struck all but one of my bettas and my granpa's red dragon betta. Something must've been in the water during a change... some guppies that were with the 4 females I had left in the 20g caught it too. All that got it died. It happened really fast, and my granpa did his best, but so many were sick at the same time... I don't blame him. He tried.

All I have left now are the now-adult children of some of the guppies I had before I left, all four of my Ghosts (who thankfully never get sick), RJ (albino pleco) and Karner Blue.

I'm probably going to take some of the guppies out and let them live in the pond out back.... A lot of gorgeous colors are already growing in there, and the Mighty Morphin Orange Rangers take care of them pretty well. (Funny enough.) Karner Blue and RJ will be travelling with me to my new base in NJ, and if I can take a big enough tank I might bring he Ghosts with me too. I do love them... and I know KB and them will get along fine, since it's not the first time I've roomed bettas with ghosts.

I typed a bit more than I meant to, but anyway....

Some of you may remember me for my fish, my drawings, or friendship. I am back, but my job will keep me busy. I won't be taking requests for betta drawings until I know for sure what kind of free time I'll have.

So how is everyone? Anyone get a new betta? :D
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #2 
TheCrabbyTabby

Hi. I am new here so I don't really know you. However, I am hopefully getting a new betta this evening.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #3 
betta lover1507

welcome back, it's been so long since you where here XP when i was a newbie lol!!
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #4 
Tikibirds

I remember ya :) I lost all but 2 of my fish as well in a move from Alaska to NY in January. It wasn't the drive or distance that killed them though. The back window was open, it was -40F outside and my fish were under the window
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Welcome back! I'm sorry about your fish. I just got 2 new ones this past month. A crowntail female who is a platinum or so I'm told and a white halfmoon male.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #6 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Welcome back It's good to see you again. Sorry about all of your fishy losses :(
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #7 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
Hi. I am new here so I don't really know you. However, I am hopefully getting a new betta this evening.
No problem. New people are fun as well! ;)
I'm responding late, so I'm wondering if you got your betta? If so, I'm curious as to what he looks like. I bet he's pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
welcome back, it's been so long since you where here XP when i was a newbie lol!!
Haha, I remember! Hard to forget you anyway when I've gotten so many drawing requests from you! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
I remember ya :) I lost all but 2 of my fish as well in a move from Alaska to NY in January. It wasn't the drive or distance that killed them though. The back window was open, it was -40F outside and my fish were under the window
Oh, yikes... so sorry about your fish. That's quite a drive, though. Glad you have those two bettas left. Which ones, may I ask? Maybe I remember them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Welcome back! I'm sorry about your fish. I just got 2 new ones this past month. A crowntail female who is a platinum or so I'm told and a white halfmoon male.
I lovelovelove white and platinum bettas... A platinum female must be gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
Welcome back It's good to see you again. Sorry about all of your fishy losses :(
'S all right. While I'd hoped to see all their happy little tails wagging up to the front of the tank to see me again (or really hoping for food, lol), I expected some losses. After all, I'd been away for half a year, and I put all that burden on my grandfather. I knew he could take care of them, but when it comes to diseases and a bunch of fish, well... it happens. I'm really thankful I have Karner Blue still.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote