Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #11 
zapy145

Thankyou once again for all of your suggestions:) I have removed the filter and his plastic plant and have only left him with the gravel. I want to give him as much space so he can try and swim a bit more. His color and fin are improving and so is the swimming, but he is still laying down for the majority of the day and his breathing is still heavy. He hasn't ate either. I'm going to wait a day or two and hope he progresses more. Once again, thankyou for everyones concerns and suggestions:)
zapy145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #12 
Laki

Bettas can go a few days without food anyway. Keep offering it everyday, scoop it out if he doesn't eat. You can try soaking the pellets in garlic infused water. This entices apetite.
Instead of the plant, maybe get a terracotta pot or something for him to rest in. A lot of bettas like a cave. Mine have caves and hardly use them but maybe your fish would appreciate a more cluttered tank.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #13 
zapy145

Hey guys,
I'm sorry to inform you, but Charlie passed this morning:,,,,/// I still don't know what was wrong with him. He appeared to be getting better. I'm glad he was put out out of his suffering, though. I'm sure hes in a better place now:') I won't be getting any new fish anytime soon. Thankyou for those who were concerned.
R.I.P. Charlie
I will certainly miss you
Old 07-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #14 
Laki

Oh I'm so sorry! His condition might not have been anything you could have known about. Unfortunately it could have been internal. You tried to lift his energy and spirit, nobody blames you so please don't blame yourself. It's hard losing a pet. I hope it does not discourage you from getting any more fish, however.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #15 
zapy145

Thankyou Lakki. I do have that doubt on whether I could have done something else, but I know I tried and cared a lot for Charlie. It hasn't discouraged me, but I just want to give it a break before bringing home a new friend. Its still too soon for me. But thankyou for your concern. I know Charlie is now happy, and not suffering, somewhere else:')
Old 07-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #16 
Bettanewbie60

I'm so sorry zapy...hugs. You did all you could to help him. Don't get discouraged. You now have more information to better care for your next buddy. I am very new to Betta keeping, and there is a lot to learn. More hugs.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #17 
zapy145

Thankyou so much Bettanewbie60. You are certainly right. There is a lot to know about bettas. This experience, although tragic, taught me a lot about how to care for bettas. I'll eventually bring home a new friend. But, all in good time:)

Tags
bettafix