Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #11 
deso

I had my betta in the same tank for a month when I first got him as it was all I could find. It's good for temporary housing if you can find a small-enough heater to fit inside. Also keep in mind that the 1-gallon halfmoon tank doesn't have a true lid, so you'll have to keep it covered with a sheet of paper when you're not around to prevent jumping. I wouldn't recommend making it his permanent home.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:06 AM   #12 
xShainax

That's why I asked first. :) I might use it as a QT when it becomes vacant
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #13 
deso

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
That's why I asked first. :) I might use it as a QT when it becomes vacant
It does work quite well as a QT tank, so it's helpful to have around even after the upgrade.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:13 AM   #14 
xShainax

damn betta bug. :P Leo my new guy was an impulse buy
Old 07-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #15 
deso

Hey, it happens. When I was in middle school and living at home with my parents, I could bring home as many bettas as I wanted and ended up with a lot of impulse buys. Enjoy it while you can, because if uni is coming up soon for you, you'll have some serious space limitations up ahead.

Leo is very cute, by the way (saw the photos in your thread). He looks like a bumblebee :)
Old 07-12-2012, 01:28 AM   #16 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by deso View Post
Hey, it happens. When I was in middle school and living at home with my parents, I could bring home as many bettas as I wanted and ended up with a lot of impulse buys. Enjoy it while you can, because if uni is coming up soon for you, you'll have some serious space limitations up ahead.

Leo is very cute, by the way (saw the photos in your thread). He looks like a bumblebee :)
I am autistic, and really too poor to go to college if I wanted to. -.-

I had to switch a few around lol. I got a cellophane? female who was getting shredded in the sorority and I switched out Romeo, putting him in the main tank with the females. Of course he is in a breeding trap with some pantyhose blocking the hole lol.