Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2012, 12:00 AM   #11 
Sakura8

Do you have live plants in that tank? If not, I'd recommend getting some right away, or even a moss ball. You need something that will provide microorganisms for the fry to feed on. At their size, they are too small for regular fry foods and will need infusoria.

Another way you can provide infusoria is by filling a jar with tank water and then putting lettuce, clean grass clippings, dead hardwood leaves etc. in there. Let it sit for a day in room temp, then open it. If the jar smells like fresh cut grass and you can see a cloud moving around, you have infusoria. Pour about a quarter cup of this into your tank 2 times a day for the babies to feed on.

I wish my WCMM would breed.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:31 AM   #12 
Aurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Do you have live plants in that tank? If not, I'd recommend getting some right away, or even a moss ball. You need something that will provide microorganisms for the fry to feed on. At their size, they are too small for regular fry foods and will need infusoria.

Another way you can provide infusoria is by filling a jar with tank water and then putting lettuce, clean grass clippings, dead hardwood leaves etc. in there. Let it sit for a day in room temp, then open it. If the jar smells like fresh cut grass and you can see a cloud moving around, you have infusoria. Pour about a quarter cup of this into your tank 2 times a day for the babies to feed on.

I wish my WCMM would breed.
Every plant in my tank is real :) .. The white thing is my old bio wheel, where it is.. it turns like it's in my old filter LOL.. bubbles are wonderful sometimes.

I just looked at your cold water.. You honestly need more white clouds.. are you sure you don't have 2 males or 2 females? females have white bellies, males obviously show their fins.. I have my tank at 72 (76 when it gets to be like 95 degrees outside) and my PH is 7.4 last I checked and my ammonia is 0.. I don't know what the other stuff is in my tank. I need to get the other drop test kits

Last edited by Aurie; 07-12-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:02 AM   #13 
Sakura8

I'm pretty sure I have two females. I had 6; sadly, 4 of them died the day after I got them. o.O Since then, I haven't found the regular color WCMM, only the gold.

That tank. *shakes head* When I first set it up in the garage, it was winter and the temps were absolutely perfect for the WCMM and dojos. Now that it's a fine CA summer, the temps are upper 70's to 82. I wish I could move the tank to a more stable area but sadly, that's the only place for it. I feel awful. I know the dojos adapt to just about any temp, which is why they're banned in some countries, but still . . . sigh.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:29 AM   #14 
Aurie

Sorry no artifical insemination for a dollar feeder fish..

They do it for koi though, but those ones i've seen videos of are like 5 lbs and like 14 inches long LOL
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:32 AM   #15 
Sakura8

I can only imagine how much it must cost to artifically inseminate a champion koi.