Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2012, 01:51 AM   #11 
Aus

Ah, well that makes sense...

I give the Zoidbergs plenty of cover, java moss & such to hide in, plus a kind of wall of tangled java fern roots & wood at the back of the tank where Cleo can't get to. This lot have all survived several months now..
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #12 
xShainax

Lol, Max was a monster DG. He grew to be about...4"
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #13 
LittleWatty

The water level was definitely not too low with the second climbing incident XD The 3 gallon was nearly full to the brim. I had to put the cover back on it to keep them from jumping clear out of the tank when I walked close. They've definitely settled down in the 6.6 gallon with Sonas, and I haven't lost one yet (that I can see. There's lots of little hidey holes!). Sonas leaves them alone for the most part. Once and a while he'll buzz through the group of them that hang by my marimo moss ball, probably just to remind them who's boss XD
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #14 
Silverfang

I bought six in October, when I moved in May I still had three
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #15 
Jessie1990

I put 4 on either side of my divided tank and the bettas chased them for 2 days before they managed to eat them all >< I found one that tried to escape stuck to the top of the hood light when I went to clean the tank D: I felt kinda bad... but my bettas were very happy...
Jessie1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:26 AM   #16 
Aurie

I've never had any jump out of my 10 gallon tank... I have 4 left over from 7 that I bought

At night mine are more active, maybe because the water is colder. I have a HUGE one that I just found is female.. with eggs... and 3 others that are smaller. She likes to flit to the top of the tank along the front glass like she's saying hi to me every time I go to the tank. I also catch her up in my taller plants.. hopefully eating my fish eggs :)

On my first water change after buying them I didn't want to suck them up so I netted them and the second the net left the water they jumped like a farkin cricket and I squeeeeeeeeled like a pig cause it scared the crap out of me. Luckily it landed on the glass hinge top for the aquarium and I just dunked it back into the tank. I also had one land on the carpet and I had to get a flash light and I finally found it and put a net by it and it jumped into the net and i quickly put it back into the tank. It survived for about 2 minutes out of water. I was surprised as all get out..

Now they just stay in the tank and I go slower with my water changes and gravel vacs.

Last edited by Aurie; 07-12-2012 at 03:28 AM.
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote