Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #1 
mkayum

Question So I bought..

New Life Spectrum Betta Formula today and I don't see any directions for how much should I feed my six bettas. The pellets are so tiny and I did feed them all one pellet each just to see how they likes it. I'm very happy that they're not picky! How much should I feed them? Thanks!

I'm really glad that my local petco has them!

My two of my bettas had a problem with constipation, I hope that they can pass their old pellets that I gave them yesterday. I feed two to three times on monday and friday only. So I can fast them for three days (tues,wed,thurs). The old brand that I gave them was Top Fin betta food. I knew that it was bad & low quality.

Worth of my six bucks for today. (:
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

I have NLS. I feed my Betta 2 pellets 3x a day. Make sure that the 3rd time is when you go to sleep. :) I hope your Bettas burn some calories! :D
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #3 
mkayum

Thank you for your help! (: All of my betta look so better with this new food.
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #4 
Blue Fish

I feed the NLS to my smaller boys, but my largest still eats HBH betta bites (not quite as nutritous, but not bad either, and since they're larger, they float longer. My only beef with the NLS pellets is that they *are* so tiny...Buckley can't eat them. They get stuck in the crease between his upper lip and his face...it's funny, but awful too. Poor guy. ;) Well, and they sink rather quickly...But they do have good ingredients, and I think they actually help with coloring as well. Can't say for certain that it's not just clean, warm water, but my rescues are brighter and more irridescent. :)
As for amounts...I am awful and I don't count pellets, especially since the NLS are so tiny. I usually put in about seven or eight maybe of the pellets...and most of them get eaten, but a few always sink before they can be caught. I feed twice daily, morning and evening, and many people fast their fish once a week, but I just can't do it. They look so pitiful...so I cut down one day instead of no food at all. I just watch my guys and make sure that they're not starting to look fat, and if they are, then food gets withheld for a day or cut down to two or three pellets for a couple of feedings until they look trim again. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #5 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Great ! I fed my Betta NLS too he loves it and sometimes will jump he is so excited to eat lol I give him 3 in the morning and 3 before bedtime. 2 or 3 times a week I give him a freeze dried bloodworm in between meals for a treat he loves those too.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #6 
Alcemistnv

What does the NLS do differently than other pellets?

Buddha has suddenly stopped eating his pellets, so I think I'm saving the ones I have now for Pudge, and then buying Buddha some new ones.

Also, I'm just looking for a good pellet brand in general xD
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #7 
LebronTheBetta

NLS has no Wheat Gluten which most brands have. Wheat Gluten is a cheap filler to boost the protein in foods such as Omega One. It's kinda like wheat extracts. Hikari changed their ingredients... >.<
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #8 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I had to order mine from Amazon cause my LPS dont have them. They cost a little more but so worth it, plus the jar you get is huge they will last a very long time you could even share some with your friends or both go in together and buy them and just half them up.

New Life Spectrum Betta Formula - 60 g.
New Life Spectrum food is made with high quality, easily digestible South Antarctic krill, herring, and several all-natural color-enhancing ingredients for a balanced diet that boosts immune system function and enhances the full spectrum of your fish's color. With the belief that all fish require a complete and fully balanced varied diet, New Life also contains algae meal, that consists of seaweed, kelp and Haematococcus pluvialis, a premium grade of natural spirulina, as well as a fruit and vegetable extract that consists of spinach, red and green cabbage, peas, broccoli, red pepper, zucchini, tomato, kiwi, apricot, pear, mango, apple, papaya and peach. All New Life Spectrum products also contain generous amounts of garlic and Thera A formulas contain a mega-dose of this natural anti-parasitic ingredient. Betta Formula comes in a 60-gram jar.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote