Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #1 
mkayum

Question I need help with betta divider thing..

I wanted to make a few betta dividers for later.

I plan to divide my 5 gallon tank just for two bettas. I'm not sure which is the right divider of needle point sheets. There are too many for me to choose and I know that I have to get report binders too.

I'm getting a filter, it's a Marina i25 Internal Filter. I heard that this product has a several positive reviews. I'd thought, why not give it a shot. Here's the link of this http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=4239991

I would use your help for pointing me to right product of "black or white needle point sheets." maybe a link to walmart. So I can look for it in the store.

Thank you!!!!!
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #2 
mkayum

Sorry! I meant brand of needle point sheets...I'm not sure what to find the right of these...

Thanks....
Old 07-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #3 
MyRainbowBettaFish

2.5 per Betta.....?......
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #4 
mkayum

Yeah....
Old 07-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #5 
thekoimaiden

A brand of needlepoint sheets? I just got the basic Walmart brand. All that matters is that they are plastic and inert.

Instead of getting an internal filter, you should look into sponge filters. They are very gentle with betta's long fins.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #6 
megaredize

brand doesnt matter but you want the '7' inch kind, it will say somewhere on the sheet the size, u want 7 or smaller, they had a sheet with really big squares where i got mine and i swear a fish could probably get stuck in it

this link is really helpful http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:53 AM   #7 
mkayum

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaredize View Post
brand doesnt matter but you want the '7' inch kind, it will say somewhere on the sheet the size, u want 7 or smaller, they had a sheet with really big squares where i got mine and i swear a fish could probably get stuck in it

this link is really helpful http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/d...ividers-21866/
Thank you so much for the helpful link! Good to know that, I was a little worried that I may get wrong brand.

so much appreciated!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:01 AM   #8 
mkayum

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
A brand of needlepoint sheets? I just got the basic Walmart brand. All that matters is that they are plastic and inert.

Instead of getting an internal filter, you should look into sponge filters. They are very gentle with betta's long fins.
Oh I was worried that I may get wrong brand. But I'm not sure if sponge filters would keep my 5 gal tank clean. I do water changes but I have to see if they could make efforts to keep the tank clean.

Thank for the suggestions.

(:
Old 07-13-2012, 02:08 AM   #9 
mkayum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
2.5 per Betta.....?......
Yes. I'll be dividing my 5 gal for two males.

Shouldn't be no problem because I used to have a female & a male living in that tank but the male had fin rot when I bought him. It died after a few months of attempting to treat him and the female lived in it for a year and died for no reasons. She looked perfectly healthy & hearty.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #10 
thekoimaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkayum View Post
Oh I was worried that I may get wrong brand. But I'm not sure if sponge filters would keep my 5 gal tank clean. I do water changes but I have to see if they could make efforts to keep the tank clean.

Thank for the suggestions.

(:
A lot of people I know will have sponge filters on tanks as large as 30 gallons. I have them in my 10 gallon betta tanks, and I think they do a better job than any other filter could. They make different sizes for different tanks, and I believe there are ones rated for as small as a 5 gallon. On a funny side note, there are ones rated for tanks as large as 100 gallons. That's a massive sponge.

Also I didn't even know there were different sizes of that craft mesh.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote