Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #1 
Ilikebutterflies

Worms question

OK. So I decided I don't enjoy growing BBS. Vinegar eels are OK but I still want something easier. My batches of fry are about 2 weeks old now so they are being gently moved to dry food and have been on frozen here and there. Frozen has it's downfalls for young fry too. It can't sit in the tank long before spoiling.
Which worm works out the best for fry up to 2 months old? After 2 months old I was planning to feed mosquito larvae and Betta Pro as I am very proficient at growing mosquitos. I was leaning towards banana worms for my fry 2 months and younger and was going to buy a full size culture(ready to feed) off aquabid-unless someone here sells them in that case I would like to buy from then. The AB cultures are 14-20oz cultures and run about $17.

I could have all the different worms I guess but would like to go with one all purpose worm for now. I wanted to avoid MW for the ventral issues.
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #2 
jeffegg2

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikebutterflies View Post
OK. So I decided I don't enjoy growing BBS. Vinegar eels are OK but I still want something easier. My batches of fry are about 2 weeks old now so they are being gently moved to dry food and have been on frozen here and there. Frozen has it's downfalls for young fry too. It can't sit in the tank long before spoiling.
Which worm works out the best for fry up to 2 months old? After 2 months old I was planning to feed mosquito larvae and Betta Pro as I am very proficient at growing mosquitos. I was leaning towards banana worms for my fry 2 months and younger and was going to buy a full size culture(ready to feed) off aquabid-unless someone here sells them in that case I would like to buy from then. The AB cultures are 14-20oz cultures and run about $17.

I could have all the different worms I guess but would like to go with one all purpose worm for now. I wanted to avoid MW for the ventral issues.
Feed what ever you want. I used what has the best history of survival, not what is easiest for me.

What ever you can get them to eat and will fit in their mouths.
jeffegg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:39 PM   #3 
Ilikebutterflies

I have no survival history. I'm still trying out different things to see what is going to work out the best.
So far the babies are doing well and appear to be right on track growth wise. I have plenty of back up foods-live bbs, vinegar eels, frozen bbs, first bites, etc. so they aren't going to starve for sure. I was trying to get a better idea on how many people like the banana worms.
Ilikebutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #4 
tpocicat

I like them, they are smaller than MW and as far as I know, no pectoral fin issues.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote