Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2012, 10:23 PM   #11 
WildFlower

I don't know if this is an option for you, but you could go out and buy the necessary things the betta's need and then have them pay you back later. I don't think having the betta's in a small tank for a little while will hurt them. I mean, think about all the others sitting in those gross cups at PetSmart and WalMart for months.
WildFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #12 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
If your friend gets in trouble with something tank shaped, why dont you try and convince him to get something that is more decorative like a larger vase for now? having a plant in it like a lucky bamboo (leaves out of water) will help with the ammonia control. Ofcourse nothing beats a 1 gallon + tank, but it wil give the betta a healthier home for now.
Thanks Aokashi! I snuck a large 1 gallon plastic bowl in their temporarily. Hopefully i can move him in it soon. The friend wil be getting an XL Kritter Keeper hopefully soon. The bettas are still very active and have a big appetite,
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #13 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFlower View Post
I don't know if this is an option for you, but you could go out and buy the necessary things the betta's need and then have them pay you back later. I don't think having the betta's in a small tank for a little while will hurt them. I mean, think about all the others sitting in those gross cups at PetSmart and WalMart for months.
I know its just SO SAD! My friend will be getting an XL Kritter Keeper for it soon, and the betta has a big appetite still and is active.

i snuck a 1 gallon bowl in today with gravel and some warm conditioned gravel
Hopefully i can move the betta, Guppy, in their soon :) guppy is a Cambodian Veitial BTW, and Finn is an iridescent multi-colored veitail

Both fish will be getting a large-XL Kritter Keeper ASAP

Thanks everybody, i appreciate the help!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #14 
MyRainbowBettaFish

UPDATE!!!!

The betta, Guppy, has been moved to a 1 gallon bowl now. He will be put in an XL KK in a couple of days (8 gallons) :D
Old 07-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #15 
MyRainbowBettaFish

UPDATE!!!!

My other friends betta, Finn, is making a large bubble nest! He is also going to be upgraded to a 5 gallon Large KK :D

Tags
0.5 gallon, 1/4 gallon, half gallon, kritter keeper