Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #11 
FrostSinth

^ x2 to whats been added

When you want to add a new girl, take them all out, shift things around, then put them all back. Keeps fighting to a minimum. :)
FrostSinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #12 
djembekah

also more decor is a great idea :) they like hiding places. my 29 gallons community/sorority needs more hiding places, but my 4 girls do alright. (i also need more girls ;))
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #13 
MrVampire181

I'd say no. Bettas prefer being alone vs being with tank mates. They're solitary. Bettas do not have a need for "friends".
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with MrV. I don't think they appreciate other fish in "their " territory, either.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #15 
Sam I Am

I have 4 females in a sorority and just added 2 more (one of which I think might actually be a male, but I'm not sure and so far, so good). They seem to be getting along well. They do mostly ignore each other but will sometimes chase each other around. After the first few days I don't think this is aggressive chasing, one will chase another then their roles will reverse. It is a matter of the particular betta's personality though. I have had one who was too aggressive for a sorority. Otherwise, they do seem to tolerate each other fairly well as long as they have lots of hiding places and I also have a lot of natural plants in the tank so they have a lot of places to go.

The first few hours after introducing them you do need to watch the tank almost continuously I would say. They may seem fine the first 30 to 60 min but have problems after that, so watch them. The next few days the tank needs to be watched fairly closely as well. After that, I do keep an eye on them, they are in my living room so it's pretty easy to keep an eye on them and at least once (usually several times) a day I check them all closely for injuries/ripped fins. So far all have been doing really well.

Good luck!
Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #16 
Babydoll

My original four that was in a ten gallon have great personalities so they mesh really well. They hardly ever split up.. they always swim together.. it helps that when I got them they were younger and have now doubled in size.I am currently adding three more.. I just uprgraded to a 29 gallon and they are all acclimating as we speak.. hopefully they accept the new girls.
Babydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #17 
Bettafever21

Just bought them and their pretty young, hope they do alright ill be watching very closely so dont worry, if i feel one is over aggressive ill separate and try in another 24 hours, again thank you for the feeds :) wish me luck
Bettafever21 is offline   Reply With Quote