Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #101 
dramaqueen
Banned

What kind of bird is she? I fell in love with a beautiful sun conureat Petsmart. They sold him a few weeks ago.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #102 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
What kind of bird is she? I fell in love with a beautiful sun conureat Petsmart. They sold him a few weeks ago.
She's a Galah cockatoo, also known as a rose breasted cockatoo. They are one of the few species of parrots that benefited from human cities and are very common in australia :)

Wouldn't it be awesome to have galahs and other cockatoos come to your bird feeder :D
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:17 PM   #103 
Sakura8

*packs up and moves to Australia* Although the prospect of running into a mad kangaroo in your front yard isn't so pleasant.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:43 AM   #104 
copperarabian

Isn't this kinda creepy XD

Old 08-11-2012, 02:35 AM   #105 
Sakura8

At first I thought that was some artistic shot of Rosie, taken from a weird angle . . .
Old 09-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #106 
copperarabian

I ordered Rosie a new cage Tuesday and it came yesterday, I was so excited I opened it and carried it upstairs in pieces after failing to carry it upstairs in the box(got it two steps before giving up because the box was huge and the cage inside weighs 89 pounds). Rosie went to it right away and never looked back, it completly amazed me. Normally parrots don't like change and I was expecting to have her new cage sitting in the middle of my room for at least a day.

I let her watch me build it, she was super interested. I even let her sit on it for a while until she climbed to her old cage to get some water. After it was finished and only had a wooden dowel I open the door and put it against her playtop and she immediatly started climbing in and sat on the wooden dowel. I added pellets,fresh food, water and one toy (toys, food, and water still present in her old cage) and after 2 hours she didn't even look at her old cage. It was so cool, she didn't even care at all when I took her old cage away.

Since being in the new cage she can move around so much more and has been playing with her toys some(before she barely touched them) and a second ago I saw her put her head down and spread out her wings about to go spazy(having fun) and I accidentally distracted her lol Overall I lvoe this cage and can't believe how perfect it is for her, and HUGE. It's 36 wide, 27 deep, 60 tall. her old cage was only had a living space of 22 wide, 18 deep, and like 25 tall a pitiful fraction of the size of her new cage.

this was taken right after the photo above, she saw me looking at her and was coming over to say hi and be pet
Old 09-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #107 
Sakura8

She looks like a queen in her castle now. :D Happy for you, Rosie! Beautiful new home. :)
Old 09-03-2012, 01:06 AM   #108 
copperarabian

Rosie's favorite toy is a eucalyptus branch, something cockatoos shred and eat naturally in the wild, it's even a healthy tonic for them. Non Australian species shouldn't be given eucalyptus.

The wooden dowel in the pic above was removed and I made her a sisal rope perch :)

Old 09-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #109 
Sakura8

Is it just me or does her color look even more vibrant in her new home?
Old 09-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #110 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Is it just me or does her color look even more vibrant in her new home?
In a lot of my photos I use pretty dramatic lighting, this is just average lighting that really shows her color well :) She's also getting lighter and prettier as her calcium deficiency gets better. Her avian vet was strongly against calcium supplements and said that over time a good diet will sort everything out.

So as she gets healthier and her feather dust comes back more she looks even better :D It's hard to tell without comparing photos lol. I'm kinda disappointing I didn't take a bunch in the same soft lighting.