Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #11 
Shadyr

It seems to come in any color you want too! I got mine from Michael's. The tank has black trim, so I got the mesh in black also. And the poster frame was black too. All nicely unified. The tank might even have fish in it by the end of the weekend!

Good luck - hope you got the right stuff! It was much easier to do than I expected once I actually sat down and got started.

Name:  divider1280.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  66.9 KB
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #12 
mkayum

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
A lot of people I know will have sponge filters on tanks as large as 30 gallons. I have them in my 10 gallon betta tanks, and I think they do a better job than any other filter could. They make different sizes for different tanks, and I believe there are ones rated for as small as a 5 gallon. On a funny side note, there are ones rated for tanks as large as 100 gallons. That's a massive sponge.

Also I didn't even know there were different sizes of that craft mesh.
Really? I would look for it but the pet stores that I go, they don't have of those. Or maybe I wasn't looking deeply lol.

I thought they look nice but wasn't sure if they would be effective but I'd go for it. thanks for the info! c:
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #13 
mkayum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyr View Post
It seems to come in any color you want too! I got mine from Michael's. The tank has black trim, so I got the mesh in black also. And the poster frame was black too. All nicely unified. The tank might even have fish in it by the end of the weekend!

Good luck - hope you got the right stuff! It was much easier to do than I expected once I actually sat down and got started.

Attachment 59567

Whoa! I think those fish you are keeping in them are luckiest lol. Thanks for the info! so much appreciated!
I found this store, Micheal's, its about 15 mins away from my home. Shouldn't be no problem! (:

Look nice and can't wait to see those fish and your setup! I'd love to see the process of this tank

Thanks again!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #14 
thekoimaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkayum View Post
Really? I would look for it but the pet stores that I go, they don't have of those. Or maybe I wasn't looking deeply lol.

I thought they look nice but wasn't sure if they would be effective but I'd go for it. thanks for the info! c:
I've never seen them in stores here either; all we have is petsmart and petco. I order mine online at Drsfosterandsmith.com. Amazon also has great prices on them.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:50 AM   #15 
mkayum

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
I've never seen them in stores here either; all we have is petsmart and petco. I order mine online at Drsfosterandsmith.com. Amazon also has great prices on them.
WOW! Drsfosterandsmith.com I checked out that website.. reasonable prices for mix & match filter sponges. I think I 'll order it soon... thanks for the help!

I have a 20 gallon long that may house six or more bettas. what do you think? 2.5 per betta? cause when the winter get here, I'd have a couple of small whisper tetra heater to heat the tank.

THANKS!
I might return my 3x 1.5 gal tanks (tetra cube) to get extra bucks enough to buy the supplies.