Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #11 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
I know, that's the problem. :'( But my Betta doesn't seem to be bothered. Annoyingness... it's not even a word. Hehehe... LTB means LebronTheBetta. It's the 1st letter of every word in my user name. :) Like Oldfishlady. OFL. :)
or LTB could be "Looking to buy" ;) heehee just kidding. Sometimes I get a thin film too. healthy floating plants seem to help a bit..
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #12 
BubbiBubba

What are some good, hardy floating plants? I'm so amazing, I had managed to kill off an entire godly clump of java moss a few months back... now all I have left are slowly multiplying baby java ferns... they used to be huge, then died off, then came back as freshly born babies........ & stayed that way. (-_-) They're still so SHORT! I ordered them from Singapore since I couldn't find them anywhere... I once saw them at Petco, though... or at least I read the label. It was a quick shopping day so IDK. gahh, help!
BubbiBubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #13 
lelei

Air stones work great, they add oxygen, and air..to move the water, so it won't stagnate, I use one in both my tanks,..no icky film..:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #14 
BubbiBubba

I guess I'll just have to live with this disgusting film for the rest of my betta keeping life... (-_-) My filter must be too weak, but if the surface agitation is too strong, Bubba will be a little frazzled... *SIGH* Thanks anyways, guys.
BubbiBubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #15 
craiger75

They sell a protein scoop that might work on it. Haven't looked at it though personally... one more thing to buy really - yeesh! I dunno, what kind of substrate are you using? Maybe that, or the tank itself needs a really thorough rinsing in hot water.

Plants? Me and plants do not do terribly well together either, but yeah the ferns float. Anubias and Water Sprites I've had decent luck with. Actually, saved some of the WS taking it out of the pot and just letting it do it's thing. My guy loves it like that (builds bubble nests off of it) ... gotta find some more. Wisteria too I believe.

Last edited by craiger75; 07-15-2012 at 12:50 PM.
craiger75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, film, filter, gross, protein buildup