bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #34 
bahamut285

NOBODY does
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:25 AM   #35 
Hallyx
Reference Team

I find it disheartening that moderators would prefer an established sticky, even though it includes outdated, inaccurate and controversial information and recommendations.

Last edited by Hallyx; 07-13-2012 at 03:31 AM.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #36 
bettalover2033

Is this going to be a Sticky or not?

Dramaqueen?
Old 07-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #37 
dramaqueen
Banned

What is so outdated about iamntbatman 's sticky? He is a longtime member of this forum who knows what he's talking about. We can't sticky everthing just because members want their friends' posts stickied. I find it disheartening when members get angry when the staff doesn't do what they want.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #38 
Luimeril

personally.... i find the sticky on cycling a bit......... hard to understand. yeah, it might have all the facts in it, but it's a wall of text. word after word after word. a new member, or a young member, won't want to read that.

bahamut's post is more visual. she shows, in adorable pictures, how the cycle works. it's simple, fun to look at, and pretty easy to understand. then, she breaks it down MORE, explaining each part of the cycle, in words that are pretty easy to understand.

personally, i don't see why we can't have BOTH stickied. one, for newer/younger members, and one for people who want to go more into detail.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #39 
bettalover2033

Personally, I don't understand what's "outdated" about his sticky, but I can agree that bahamut's sticky is far better to understand. To be honest, I didn't want to read iamntbatman's sticky. I know that he knows what he's talking about and is probably easily explained in person, but really when Bahamut broke it down, Im sure we can understand it more.

Also I'm not trying to get this as a sticky because "she's a friend" im thinking of the new members. The new members aren't going to want to sit there and read with no pictures...seriously it sounds really dumb and lazy, but that is kind of what a lot of people here are. Lazy and then they decided to Do what they want.

I also understand What you mean. Not every post can be a sticky because there will be too many for no reason, but when there is a useful one and one that is good enough to be one, it should be.

This forum complaines too much and this is why the mods are always at work. It happens for the littlest things. You'd think we're a bunch of babies. Of course this can be fixed and some are working to try and fix it. I can understand why it is disheartening, but to be honest, Mo's sticky didn't have to be a sticky. I mean really don't you think that this is a lot more useful than Iamntbatman's?

Your honest opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
What is so outdated about iamntbatman 's sticky? He is a longtime member of this forum who knows what he's talking about. We can't sticky everthing just because members want their friends' posts stickied. I find it disheartening when members get angry when the staff doesn't do what they want.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #40 
dramaqueen
Banned

Maybe we should add pictures to imntbatman's sticky to make it easier to understand. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote