Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #11 
Calypso77

Try to be careful and know exactly what your kitties are drinking. I lost one of my poor kitties 2 years ago to end stage Kidney Failure. I only ever gave them tap water or drinking and found out it could have been due to the Floride that is in our tap water. I only give bottled distilled water now, I don't trust anything else.
Calypso77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #12 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1477 View Post
I have 7 totally spoiled kitties. When I am home during the day, I leave the hood off of Sparkle's tank.

My kitties love to drink the water even though they have numerous bowls of fresh well water to drink from.

They don't even realize that a fish resides in the tank. Sparkle goes right up to the top and they completely ignore him.

I think my kitties believe I created a giant "fish-flavored" water bowl for them
wouldn't the water chemicals and additives ruin their digestive and circulatory systems?
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #13 
misty1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
wouldn't the water chemicals and additives ruin their digestive and circulatory systems?
So far kitties only have the usual "hairball" issues

I have a well and test my tank water often....it is fine. I only use a water conditioner when I do % water changes. Actually, I don't even think I need conditioner since my well has excellent water...but I use some just in case.

Bottom line ... the tank water is the same quality as the water in their water bowls .... only it is "fish-flavored"

If I ever had to "medicate" Sparkle for some reason, kitties would definitely NOT be allowed near his tank or 'hospital bowl'.

Last edited by misty1477; 07-16-2012 at 12:03 PM.
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #14 
Silverfang

10 years... that's how long it took for me to get her to not get on the computer desk. She will still stick her nose in any old tank water she can find. I'm notorious for being lazy after a wc. I hear lapping and she's got her face in a 5gal bucket with poopy fish water.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #15 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

What a great deal you got on the rack and it works and looks perfect for your tank. I dont have any cats but my son does and they like to drink out of small cups instead of their big bowl so he has small cups of water sitting around everywhere its so funny lol !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #16 
mkayum

O_O you got double protection on a betta fish.... xD

lol I'm grateful that my cat are very gentle with my parakeet & lepard gecko.

He never bother my fish & my pets but only go for squirrels & wild animals. I trained him to be gentle around my pets. I used to have a hermit crab that roam freely in my room, my cat would follow and sit by it. I had a runt parakeet which is a mate to my lonely parakeet, my cat loved that bird so much that he let Kiwi (a runt parakeet ) cleam him & sleep with. Sadly she got sick and died the next day at age of 4 years old. :( If I show & ineracts with my new pet by my cat, he will know that was not his prey or to be harmed. he learned the hard lesson from my pet rat. :O

Only one thing that need to be protected is my cat's treats & food. He will open the cabinets in order to get his food. lol. I had to put the food in the highest I could reach but my cat are smart enough to find a way to get it. He opened a shoe box full of treats a few times. He has those big paws & his size is probably a little double than an averge cat, he got it from his father.... He can open the doors himself, oh my! He's seven years old and still do it lol.

I only give my cat bottle of water & he never had a problem with it.
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #17 
mkayum

oops
mkayum is offline   Reply With Quote