Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #21 
lelei

My Sapphire just started working on his, but I think it depends on how terratorial they feel, isnt that a sign of being terratorial, well, also to breed, and age, like Sapphire is about 4-5 months, when I first got Sammy, very shortly in fact , within days, he started his bubble nest, and now in his 5 gal he does not..maybe he has no reason to..but I keep watching, but now Sapphire is having a blast at building one:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:14 PM   #22 
misty1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannguyen View Post
He's a blue veiltail. I always thought he's just a lazy butt.
Sparkle is a red/orange veiltail. You would think VT's would be the most active since they don't have such 'heavy' tails to haul around. I love their slim streamlined look
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #23 
misty1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
My Sapphire just started working on his, but I think it depends on how terratorial they feel, isnt that a sign of being terratorial, well, also to breed, and age, like Sapphire is about 4-5 months, when I first got Sammy, very shortly in fact , within days, he started his bubble nest, and now in his 5 gal he does not..maybe he has no reason to..but I keep watching, but now Sapphire is having a blast at building one:)
Way To Go Sapphire

Hmmmm.....I wonder how you can tell how old a Betta is. I received Sparkle from a friend and I have no clue when he was 'born'.
misty1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #24 
hannguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1477 View Post
Sparkle is a red/orange veiltail. You would think VT's would be the most active since they don't have such 'heavy' tails to haul around. I love their slim streamlined look
:( Yeah but I don't know why he doesn't like to move around. He likes to sleep behind the heater. Maybe the tank is too small for him or maybe he's old. I don't know how old he is when I got him. But the skin under his head is white/gray ish... Hopefully the new tank will keep him entertained since I'm planning on putting a lot of hiding caves. One thing for sure, he loves his Sponge Bob house, he swims in and out the windows and just sits there with his head poking out so cute !
hannguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #25 
Bettanewbie60

Buddy has been with me a month and just built his first small bubble nest two days ago! He has it attached to his favorite plant to sleep on...I think it just varies by betta!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bubble nests