Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #261 
Sakura8

I might try that then. Every other day, 4 pellets? See if that slims him down some or at least controls the spread. Otherwise, it's diet time!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #262 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I might try that then. Every other day, 4 pellets? See if that slims him down some or at least controls the spread. Otherwise, it's diet time!
"No eating here tonight.. no eating here tonight... no no no eating here tonight YOURE ON A DIET!" -Dori from nemo... :)

I saw on TV today some type of cat fish.. IT WAS FRIGGING SCARY. HUGE. Not the average cat fish.. i guess it was like.. a cousin of the cat fish mixed with a shark or something xD SCARY.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #263 
Sakura8

There are some catfish species that get gargantuan. Like the wels catfish. Don't wanna mess with that bugger, I think it gets bigger than me!

Never did receive a reply from Marineland about the faulty bio-wheel in Sparky's Marineland Emperor 400. He's only getting half the filtration from that filter right now. Thank goodness the Fluval 405 is rated for up to 100gals.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #264 
Chesh

Gah, that's sad! I have two tanks with those weird biowheels in them. . . and while mine have never done anything to make me mistrust them - I DO! I'm just not so sure about that form of filtration - even though the tanks they run in are fine! Hopefully they get back in touch and all is well :)
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #265 
Sakura8

Yeah, some part is missing in the little notch where the biowheel sits and rotates, so this one wheel won't spin. The other one does. I think the only way to fix this is for them to send me a new filter because it's such a weird part to be missing. I don't think it can be repaired or replaced.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #266 
Pearl2011

That sucks. When I had 5 goldfish in a 10 gallon (pet store advice, and I thought 2 gallon a fish was a lot) the filter was so clogged it stopped working. It was so gross. I got my mom to clean it :P
Hopefully they get back to you. That must be such a pain.
Pearl2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #267 
Sakura8

Thanks, Pearl.

Today is day one of Sparky's new "every other day" feeding regimen. He was waiting in his typical corner when I went out there, bobbing like a log. How disappointed he must be. :( I'm sorry, Sparky, it's for your own pudgy good! *hides pellet bag*
Old 07-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #268 
CreativePotato

This thread just cracks me up. I'm having a crappy day, too, so I'm glad I found this lol.
Sakura, Sparky should run for president this fall...he already has quite the cult following! XD
CreativePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #269 
thekoimaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
I saw on TV today some type of cat fish.. IT WAS FRIGGING SCARY. HUGE. Not the average cat fish.. i guess it was like.. a cousin of the cat fish mixed with a shark or something xD SCARY.
Actually some of the largest freshwater fish in the world are catfishes. Sparky comes from a long line of chubby fish! The biggest fish that has been verified was a mekong giant catfish that weighed in at 646 pounds (293 kilograms) and was nine feet long (2.7 meters).

Better not let him get that big, Sakura ;)

National Geographic article about this monster

Then there are also the goonch (Bagarius yarrelli), piraiba (Brachyplatystoma spp), and redtailed catfish (which is sometimes sold in the aquarium trade grr) on top of the wels catfish. After seeing his cousins, better keep an eye on Sparky's weight!
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #270 
djembekah

Sparky's liiiiips! I want to kiss them :*
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote