Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #11 
ZergyMonster

Here he(Flex) is:

He seems to flare at everything, I've done just about everything I can think of to make him calm down but nothing is working. Hopefully he wares himself out and he will ignore any reflection he may be seeing.

Hope Gwenny gets better.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #12 
thekinetic

Oh wow he is beautiful!:D
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #13 
TheCrabbyTabby

Such pretty pastel colors on that betta boy of yours, Zergy. I decided to buy some purple mystery snails (pomacea bridgesii diffusa var. rosa) to go into my 10 gallon. I also bought them some algae wafers so they have something to eat.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #14 
ZergyMonster

I'm just going to ramble on about a few things that have been bugging me.

This forum has had a lot of good information and great sense of community but lately all I have been reading is a lot of people getting furious with each other. There are plenty of older members (not as in age but as in length of time since joining the forum) that are trying to or have put out the flames of the the newer members who seem to project their opinions as fact and enrage brand new members who are looking to learn how to care for their fish.

There is a point where people will stop trying to learn new things because of how they are treated; people don't want to be told how to take care of their pets, heck people don't want to be told to do anything. Some of members should have a little more patience with each other and have a less demeaning tone. I know it is hard to show emotion through text and sarcasm is seen as being serious but giving people facts of our trade and giving each other options instead of only what you do is what gets people to work with you.

I know that I don't respond to a lot of posts because there is no sense in having to repeat the same thing that everyone else is saying or if the information is already available to them and they don't seem to care to look.

Stickies and FAQ's are everywhere in the front pages of these boards and yet I keep seeing the same things asked. New members need to take some initiative and look for things themselves instead of having everything handed to them.

I first started in fish keeping as a kid, I've always loved them and our tanks were maintained by my parents. As I got older our tank went away as our care for the fish was bad and they all died. When I moved out into my own apartment I got a 10gallon fish tank and filled it with unconditioned water with a wild assortment of fish that were too big and had different temperature specifications, somehow most of my fish lived and I can see why people think fish are easy to care for. And about 6 months ago I got my act together as I found this site and learned the importance of having water conditioner, water changes, tank sizes and stocking rules, water specs and temperature conditions.

It is because of this site that I have devoted my love for fish into high gear and provide my fish with the best care that they can receive under my circumstances.

We can't always get through to people who don't know enough to "properly" take care of their fish. But, by giving them information and letting them learn through the experience of every single one of us who messed up and worked to do better, we can give our new members a place they will want to come back to for their information needs.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #15 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Im doing great!!! thanks for asking, Zergy! Just found our might be getting another horse...

how are you on this fine day ? XD
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #16 
ZergyMonster

I'm a little tired, thanks for asking. I've been out and about getting everything together for an anime convention that is coming up in 1 week.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #17 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergyMonster View Post
I'm a little tired, thanks for asking. I've been out and about getting everything together for an anime convention that is coming up in 1 week.
Anime convention!?!?! SOUNDS SO FUN!!!!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergyMonster View Post
Here he(Flex) is:

He seems to flare at everything, I've done just about everything I can think of to make him calm down but nothing is working. Hopefully he wares himself out and he will ignore any reflection he may be seeing.

Hope Gwenny gets better.
Gwenny passed away a few days ago. I got a new girl today, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #19 
Catfish Billy

I'm sorry about Gwenny DQ....

You say you got a new betta....POST PICS! POST PICS! POST PICS! lol jk XD
Catfish Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

These aren't the best pics in the world. First of all, Imy phone takes sucky pics and second, she won't stay still.
Name:  005.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  32.4 KB

Name:  006.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  27.7 KB

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  33.5 KB
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote