Betta Fish Forum banner

Oh, brother!

2K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  Captain Jim Dandy 
#1 ·
Well, I bought a trio of nice guppies to "fill the tank" with my bn. pleco a couple weeks ago. Couple days ago the two females were fairly covered in spots..pretty large spots to be ich I thought, but I put them in Quick cure in a 5 gallon bowfront. Thankfully about 18 hours later they appear to be clear. Unfortunately the male died. I don't think he had the same "illness"-I didn't medicate him. No spots on him. Anyway the two remaining females need a mate now. I don't want to replace him with one of the same type..he did pretty wimpy the whole time I had him. My question is this-- Can you cross "snakeskin guppies" with blue delta females? I haven't notified the woman I bought them from... I'm scared. Jim

#2 ·
Are you trying to specifically breed a line of guppies? Otherwise, you can toss any tail type in together and you'll get quite a mix. But if you want to preserve either the snakeskin tail or the blue delta, I'd pick one or the other and keep only guppies of that type.

Sorry you lost your male. :(

#5 ·
Soon as we can

More than happy to post pictures as soon as I buy a new camera. My old Kodak quit a couple months ago. I think I've decided on a Nikon 510. (last year they called it a 500).Point and shoot that is. Maybe this should spur me to go ahead and get one in morning. After nap that is. Glad to. Jim

#7 ·
I know even less about DLSR than hooking up a USB cable and networking.. I'm very primitive in these respects. The one I'm looking at is point and shoot, but supposadly somewhat advanced. HD movie, high range zoom, good resolution. I'm just repeating their sales pitch. Do you use USB cable same way into computer for DLSR? Maybe I should reconsider, not sure. Although this one seems to be advanced enough for my needs. A nd probably more simple. Did go to Wal-Mart to get it-- they didn't have one right now! Oh,boy... maybe Friday ,probably Monday.Gotta go to work- back 2:00am. Jim:-?

#9 ·
Strangely enough I bid on these guppies from aquabid and I liked the fact I could drive across town to pick them up instead of shipping. It turns out this woman and her husband live where my family did some 35 years ago! Down a dirt road on the same 20 acres. This woman hasn't got back to me yet via e-mail, but I found her phone number and I'll probably call her today. They are pretty nice looking--can't wait to show you. Jim

#13 ·
They are freshwater. I'm bidding on 12 gold vieltail dime size. I intend to put them in a 40 gallon breeder for awhile. The auction will be wrapping up while I'm at work, so it's not 100% yet. If someone steals them I'm likely to do a direct buy. I'm on my way to Walmart to check if the camera has come in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.