Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #11 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcemistnv View Post
that one is actually the same as the other, except more money o.O

Weird.

Well, I actually bought the one I posted, the one in my price range. And I'm going to AC moore to get the material for the divider :)
I know people use craft mesh, but what else? I heard something about binder thingy ma bobs? xD Once I get my 10 gal cycled im thinking of dividing it in two.. :P
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #12 
CallmeAustin

I've found two 5 gallons at walmart, not too far from your price range.
$30 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aquarius-P...ndingMethod=rr
$40 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Aqua...ndingMethod=rr

They used to have a 5 gallon for $25 a couple weeks ago, can't seem to find it.
CallmeAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #13 
Alcemistnv

Thanks for the links everyone! I already bought the tank, but I'm definitely bookmarking these tanks for the future!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
I know people use craft mesh, but what else? I heard something about binder thingy ma bobs? xD Once I get my 10 gal cycled im thinking of dividing it in two.. :P
I think you can use the binder..I just saw in the tank section on here, someone used a picture frame. I'm using the craft mesh because it's a lot cheaper, and I'm fairly confident in Buddha behaving.

I just can't wait for Pudge x3
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:39 AM   #14 
Aurie

I know I"m a little late and that you already bought your tank.. but in your first post tank number 2 (your favorite) .... I had that tank and it did ok except after like 2 months the plexiglass on the top warped. They might have redone the tank but I doubt it. It uses plexi glass on the top and the light sits over it but the light warmth warps it. Don't get it. Stick with the rectangle glass ones.

I found that tetra set at petsmart for $32 on sale.. not a bad glass aquarium .. though I"m not using the filter. It's still in it's bag. I might sell it or use it for an emergency..
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #15 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurie View Post
I know I"m a little late and that you already bought your tank.. but in your first post tank number 2 (your favorite) .... I had that tank and it did ok except after like 2 months the plexiglass on the top warped. They might have redone the tank but I doubt it. It uses plexi glass on the top and the light sits over it but the light warmth warps it. Don't get it. Stick with the rectangle glass ones.

I found that tetra set at petsmart for $32 on sale.. not a bad glass aquarium .. though I"m not using the filter. It's still in it's bag. I might sell it or use it for an emergency..
oooo that doesn't sound good D:

You would think they would put that into consideration when making it.

I need to go to some filter shopping. Going to be fun
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #16 
Aurie

From amazon get the hydro mini or the hydro 1 sponge filter.. you clean them by squeezing into a bucket if used fish water and they last a year or more for under $10! My old replacement cartridges were 8.99 for my old filter!. You might find some at a lfs that isn't PETCO or petsmart cause they want you to buy replacements. They told me sponge filters were for experts!
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote