Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #1 
toad

Talking Howie & Rosco

Here are a couple pics of my fishy friends. The best picture I have of Rosco as of right now happens to be of his left side. Any thoughts of that displaced eyeball?

The first 3 are of Howie and his new 10 gallon tank, and the next 3 are of Rosco, who is living in the baby tank for now. I'm sure I will eventually move him into a 10 gallon also :)

Thanks for looking!

Howie:

This is the new tank; after this picture was taken, I added a Marimo Moss ball and I made the mistake of squeezing him and clouding the water like some kind of bio weapon. I've finally got the water clean again

Rosco:

toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #2 
registereduser

Pretty boys! I love those names! I hope the eye doesn't bother him too much. Nice tanks, I like those resin logs, PetCo, right?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #3 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Pretty boys! I love those names! I hope the eye doesn't bother him too much. Nice tanks, I like those resin logs, PetCo, right?

Thank you! Yes, I spend wayyyy too much time and money in Petco lol.

Rosco doesn't really seem to be affected by his eye too much, except that he doesn't swim straight, he sort leans to the side of his good eye. At first, I was concerned about his swim bladder, but if he had a SB problem, he wouldn't only lean to one side, right?

Also, here's a question I should have looked into before purchasing - I decided to try out a real plant instead of a plastic one, so I bought an Amazon Sword; it's behind the mask in Rosco's tank. Apparently, this plant needs iron to live... But on the water conditioner package I have, it says that the conditioner removes heavy metals, such as iron, that will harm the fish. How the heck am I supposed to feed this plant if the iron will the hurt the fish?
Old 07-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
Thank you! Yes, I spend wayyyy too much time and money in Petco lol.

Rosco doesn't really seem to be affected by his eye too much, except that he doesn't swim straight, he sort leans to the side of his good eye. At first, I was concerned about his swim bladder, but if he had a SB problem, he wouldn't only lean to one side, right?

Also, here's a question I should have looked into before purchasing - I decided to try out a real plant instead of a plastic one, so I bought an Amazon Sword; it's behind the mask in Rosco's tank. Apparently, this plant needs iron to live... But on the water conditioner package I have, it says that the conditioner removes heavy metals, such as iron, that will harm the fish. How the heck am I supposed to feed this plant if the iron will the hurt the fish?
Welcome to the forum!!! :) Sorry about his eye... ;/
Actually, if your Betta has a SB problem, it would lean to 1 side. But he should be bloated if he has SBD. For the Amazon Sword, I don't know. I don't have experience with live plants so you got me on that one! :/
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #5 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Welcome to the forum!!! :) Sorry about his eye... ;/
Actually, if your Betta has a SB problem, it would lean to 1 side. But he should be bloated if he has SBD. For the Amazon Sword, I don't know. I don't have experience with live plants so you got me on that one! :/
Thank you! That's interesting - I don't think he looks bloated, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on that!

I knew I should have stuck to plastic plants I have never managed to keep a plant alive; no matter how hard I try, all my plants die. I figured since this one was in a fish tank, I couldn't forget to water it
Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #6 
LebronTheBetta

Haha watering... I've never tried aquatic plants before. What about a moss ball for you? It doesn't need anything. Except for low-high lighting. You also need to turn it around so the bottom doesn't get brown.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #7 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Haha watering... I've never tried aquatic plants before. What about a moss ball for you? It doesn't need anything. Except for low-high lighting. You also need to turn it around so the bottom doesn't get brown.

I got one, I thought it was cute :) I'm hoping I can at least keep that alive lol.