Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #31 
hannguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaJen View Post
Okay, thank you. :)
I won't be feeding my betta flakes and will look for alternative foods/pellets, like the ones mentioned.
But when I eventually get neons, I read that this flake food was really good for them.
I've been feeding my Bettas omega one buffets flakes twice a week along with bio gold also twice a week. When I feed him, I break the flakes into small piece but make sure it's in 1 piece only, not like crush into little tiny pieces. Then I feed him the whole piece. He ate it all. It took me a couple of time to figure it out how big the piece should be so that he didn't drop it.
It's true that if he drops the flakes, it will sink pretty quick but I feed him one little piece at the time and wait for him to finish to drop another one, that way he had to finish it otherwise he wont have his meal!

I don't know if the ingredients are good enough but it has cod, salmon, sea food.. Which is 42% protein! Not too bad in my opinion!

I feed him different food everyday to add some variety to his diet. The flakes seem to work well so far to me. My betta at first was super picky, he wouldn't want to eat any kind of pellet but he likes the flakes, that's why I still feed him that. He loves bio gold to. I was thinking about getting NLS and rotating between both !
hannguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #32 
tpocicat

I feed my bettas NLS betta formula, Atison's Betta Pro (discontinued BTW), and various frozen foods they love.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #33 
spletterh

Thumbs up

I feed my crowntailed betta freezed dried bloodworms and the employes said it was what they feed the bettas, so when mine didnt eat my other three kinds of food, I bought the bloodworms.
spletterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #34 
hannguyen

Bloodworm is not nutrious enough for your betta. They should only be given as treat once of twice a week
hannguyen is offline   Reply With Quote