Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #1 
JBosley

Which Tank? Help me decide!

Hello!
My new boy, Maize, is going to be getting a new home this Friday Right now he is in a 2 gallon Critter Keeper, with no filter just a heater. I'd like to move him into a 5 gallon (that will eventually be planted) with a filter, heater, lights and some new silk plants. My dilemma, which tank?

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...26amp%3B+Bowls

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...26amp%3B+Bowls

I am HOPING the Petsmart I am going to has both of these in stock, if not whatever one they have I will be getting I will also be trying this filter:

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=4239991
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #2 
Hopeseeker

Please let me know how the filter works.
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

I <3 the 1st one. It looks awesome! I like the hood... :) If you don't want to use the power filter that came with the Top Fin tank, I guess you could use the i25. I think that it has good reviews. Use it if the filter from that tank is too strong.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #4 
finnfinnfriend

I have the first one and it's fantastic :). I like power filters with an adjustable flow though, so you can set it to a trickle. I think the filters that come with either tank are too strong.
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:15 AM   #5 
Aurie

I just bought the first one and it's plenty big enough. I am using a sponge filter with mine.. I have a post in this thread if you wanna see the approx room with a betta..

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=107423

They should definitely have it in stock

It only has room for 1 light though, so the incandescent that comes with it won't be strong. Walmart (in their fish section) carries a double pack of mini flourescent that fits in the socket for $10 for a 2 pack.. worth the buy. I love the light cover.. much better than the "deluxe" hood that most places has that is held in with 2 screws that rust..

Last edited by Aurie; 07-17-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #6 
JBosley

Hey!
Thanks guys. I really hate most filters that have the waterfall type feature. I have my tanks in my room, and find most filters really loud! Hoping this one will be quieter. If not ill be ordering another sponge filter.

Can't wait to get the new tank! Figure I might as well make this one planted, heh heh. Hoping petsmart has some sort of water testing kit until I can get an API master kit!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #7 
JBosley

Ohhh good to know about the light. I'm going to be getting low light plants, but will look into the walmart bulbs. Hopefully my walmart carries them. They really don't have much fish supplies....