Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #1 
Shadyr

New Tank, New Fish

I tried my hand out at making a divided tank, and here's how it turned out (using one of the Petco bookshelf tanks)

Name:  newtank1280.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  56.9 KB

Ghost seems to be enjoying the side I put him on - it's a bit bigger than his old tank and just looks a bit roomier. He also seems to be really digging the lantern decoration. I had to spend a while filing down rough edges on the inside, but watching him swim in the top and out the bottom and vice versa has been a treat!

So there's that other half. Well, Indigo is back in my daughter's room. I plan to finish setting Ghosts previous tank up for Lavatail tonight. I finally got Chicory back to his tank on my desk at work after a three week stint spent clearing ickies out of his tank and off his person. Which means...room for a new betta, amirite?

The kids and I decided that since I'm on purchasing probation wrt bettas, that meant Daddy would have to pick the new one. So we went shopping last night, and he suprised me with the one he selected. Maybe he thought I needed a challenge? Or maybe he just thought this little one looked the most in need of a good home. I didn't see anything wrong with him other than he looks in need of many good meals in a row, and the clamped fins indicate he's not feeling so well, which...his cup had a buncha gunk in it, so that's not surprising. He's in the smaller critter keeper until I bring the bigger one home tonight (Chicory was in it). He has a heater, some nice Anarchis (sp?) stems, and a hammock in his interim/QT home. He ate a pellet last night and seemed very interested in his non-cup digs. I hope he continues to eat and does well - he seems like he's not that much bigger than those baby bettas from Petco.

Here's our new unnamed little fellow.

Name:  newfish1280.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  51.4 KB
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #2 
TipBetta

Neat! I like the purple color of the tank.
TipBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #3 
Shadyr

Thanks! It makes a great night light Very soothing to watch Ghost cruise around if I'm reading or playing on the phone for a few minutes before sleep. And he's already trained to come to the right spot to be fed. Smart fishy.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #4 
ao
TFK Moderator

it doesnt look divded at all :O just two tanks side by side. good job :D
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #5 
Shadyr

Thanks! When I got Ghost (and the short-lived Red), I bought the betta-bow 2.5 tank for them, which is a divided 2.5 G. Now that I know more, thanks largely to everyone here, I thought I'd try to do it...but do it right this time Though now that it looks like the fish hubby picked to go on the left is red, it also feels like going back to the very start.

Just with more style and posher digs.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #6 
lelei

That is very nice..I really love it!! Good job:) and yea, that purple color is so nice..I am eventually gonna do it too!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote